Jan 30, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Landeskog, 19, was injured during Saturday’s 4-0 loss to San Jose on this hit from defenseman Brad Stuart:
Landeskog left the ice immediately after the collision, but returned to the game three minutes into the second period, playing 16:23 all told.
The decision to allow the Avs captain to return came under scrutiny on Monday, when it was learned Landeskog would be held out of Colorado’s game in Edmonton with head and neck injuries, believed to have occurred on the Stuart hit.
The Avalanche went on to lose in Edmonton 4-1 — their second straight loss — and have now lost three of five to start the year.
There’s no denying the team is hurting up front right now. Colorado already lost winger Steve Downie for the year with a torn ACL and is still without the services of center Ryan O’Reilly, currently embroiled in a contract dispute.
Minus the services of Landeskog, Downie and O’Reilly, head coach Joe Sacco has been forced to juggle his forward lines.
Dater reports the Avs might go with John Mitchell on a line with Matt Duchene and PA Parenteau vs. Vancouver, with Michael Sgarbossa — an undrafted free agent rookie — making his NHL debut centering Chuck Kobasew and Milan Hejduk.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)