Jan 30, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Landeskog, 19, was injured during Saturday’s 4-0 loss to San Jose on this hit from defenseman Brad Stuart:
Landeskog left the ice immediately after the collision, but returned to the game three minutes into the second period, playing 16:23 all told.
The decision to allow the Avs captain to return came under scrutiny on Monday, when it was learned Landeskog would be held out of Colorado’s game in Edmonton with head and neck injuries, believed to have occurred on the Stuart hit.
The Avalanche went on to lose in Edmonton 4-1 — their second straight loss — and have now lost three of five to start the year.
There’s no denying the team is hurting up front right now. Colorado already lost winger Steve Downie for the year with a torn ACL and is still without the services of center Ryan O’Reilly, currently embroiled in a contract dispute.
Minus the services of Landeskog, Downie and O’Reilly, head coach Joe Sacco has been forced to juggle his forward lines.
Dater reports the Avs might go with John Mitchell on a line with Matt Duchene and PA Parenteau vs. Vancouver, with Michael Sgarbossa — an undrafted free agent rookie — making his NHL debut centering Chuck Kobasew and Milan Hejduk.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 11
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 9
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 94
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)