Jan 29, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
After beginning the season with back-to-back wins, the Penguins have no dropped three of their last four games, including their first two on home ice at the CONSOL Energy Center.
The typically struggling Islanders are now just one point back of the New Jersey Devils for top spot in the Atlantic Division.
While the Penguins seem to be lacking “emotion and spirit,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma told Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 0
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 9
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 11
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4