Jan 29, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Kaleta suffered an upper-body injury on this hit with under three minutes to go in the opening frame (FF to :55)
Brown was slapped with a two-minute boarding minor for the hit and a five-minute fighting major for his subsequent scrap with Buffalo’s Mike Weber.
For sticking up for Kaleta, Weber was given an additional two-minute minor (instigator) and a 10-minute misconduct.
It remains unclear exactly what Kaleta injured on the play, though he immediately grabbed his face upon being hit, and left the ice with his right arm dangling.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 2
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 29
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)