Jan 29, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Kaleta suffered an upper-body injury on this hit with under three minutes to go in the opening frame (FF to :55)
Brown was slapped with a two-minute boarding minor for the hit and a five-minute fighting major for his subsequent scrap with Buffalo’s Mike Weber.
For sticking up for Kaleta, Weber was given an additional two-minute minor (instigator) and a 10-minute misconduct.
It remains unclear exactly what Kaleta injured on the play, though he immediately grabbed his face upon being hit, and left the ice with his right arm dangling.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)