Jan 29, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Kaleta suffered an upper-body injury on this hit with under three minutes to go in the opening frame (FF to :55)
Brown was slapped with a two-minute boarding minor for the hit and a five-minute fighting major for his subsequent scrap with Buffalo’s Mike Weber.
For sticking up for Kaleta, Weber was given an additional two-minute minor (instigator) and a 10-minute misconduct.
It remains unclear exactly what Kaleta injured on the play, though he immediately grabbed his face upon being hit, and left the ice with his right arm dangling.
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 2
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)