Jan 29, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Kaleta suffered an upper-body injury on this hit with under three minutes to go in the opening frame (FF to :55)
Brown was slapped with a two-minute boarding minor for the hit and a five-minute fighting major for his subsequent scrap with Buffalo’s Mike Weber.
For sticking up for Kaleta, Weber was given an additional two-minute minor (instigator) and a 10-minute misconduct.
It remains unclear exactly what Kaleta injured on the play, though he immediately grabbed his face upon being hit, and left the ice with his right arm dangling.
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 32
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 14
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 14
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)