Jan 29, 2013, 8:42 PM EDT
Kaleta suffered an upper-body injury on this hit with under three minutes to go in the opening frame (FF to :55)
Brown was slapped with a two-minute boarding minor for the hit and a five-minute fighting major for his subsequent scrap with Buffalo’s Mike Weber.
For sticking up for Kaleta, Weber was given an additional two-minute minor (instigator) and a 10-minute misconduct.
It remains unclear exactly what Kaleta injured on the play, though he immediately grabbed his face upon being hit, and left the ice with his right arm dangling.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 2
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 8
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 7
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)