Jan 29, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a great start to the season for Shea Weber.
The All-Star defenseman is scoreless through six games with a minus-1 rating.
His team has just one regulation win and sits last in the Central Division.
Put it all together and you have a frustrated player — something head coach Barry Trotz recognizes.
“I think Webs is a little bit frustrated,” Trotz told The Tennessean. “He wants to do so well. It’s not that he’s doing a lot of bad things, but I think there’s a little bit of a level of frustration in his game right now that holds him back a little bit.”
It’s been a season of change for both Weber and the Preds. Gone is Weber’s longtime defensive partner, Ryan Suter, replaced by the relatively inexperienced Roman Josi (who had just 52 career games under his belt coming into 2013.)
The Preds are also without a number of players from last year’s team. Andrei Kostitsyn, Jordin Tootoo, Francis Bouillon, Anders Lindback and Alex Radulov are all plying their trades elsewhere, and former 30-goal scorer Patric Hornqvist is out with injury.
Things don’t promise to get any easier in the near future.
The Preds are in the midst of a seven-game road trip — they’re 1-2-1 thus far — and still have dates in Los Angeles, San Jose and St. Louis. All told, Nashville will play four of its next five games on the road, not exactly what a team looking to reverse its slow start needs for a reversal of fortune.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
The Wild center becomes a restricted free agent after this season.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
With time off in Calgary, players participate in team building event.
Oct 24, 2014, 2:04 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell’s four assists included a wondrous “kick-pass.”
Oct 24, 2014, 1:35 AM EDT
His 33rd goose egg breaks a brief tie with Rogie Vachon.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
This one didn’t come against Colorado, either.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
They’ll also have a tribute to Nathan Cirillo.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:49 AM EDT
Chris Kelly calls him “irreplaceable.”
Oct 24, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
Grim times for Carolina.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
The Bruins haven’t confirmed or denied the dire update.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Is “revenge” too strong of a word for it?
Oct 23, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
Pekka Rinne wasn’t too shabby, either.
Oct 23, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg and Niklas Kronwall made it happen.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Bad update for the Islanders.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Was it the big hit he landed on John Tavares?
Oct 23, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
Might be for the best.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
He’s hoping no one drops the gloves with Jordan tonight.
Oct 23, 2014, 6:25 PM EDT
Winnipeg’s offense could use the power forward.
Oct 23, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Colorado could really use a win.
Oct 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
“Mirco’s not going anywhere.”
Oct 23, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
And it’s a pretty impressive projected top six.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 5
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 7
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 15
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 2
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)