Jan 29, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Two sources familiar with the potential sale of the Coyotes tell the Phoenix Business Journal that the group led by Greg Jamison will close on its purchase tomorrow.
Another source tells the Business Journal the transaction will close Thursday.
Whether it’s Wednesday or Thursday is immaterial, as long as it happens one of those two days. Otherwise, the favorable lease agreement with the City of Glendale for Jobing.com Arena will come off the table.
On Monday, Jamison said there would be an announcement “one way or another” this week.
If the three aforementioned sources are correct, Coyotes fans are going to like what they hear.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)