Jan 29, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Two sources familiar with the potential sale of the Coyotes tell the Phoenix Business Journal that the group led by Greg Jamison will close on its purchase tomorrow.
Another source tells the Business Journal the transaction will close Thursday.
Whether it’s Wednesday or Thursday is immaterial, as long as it happens one of those two days. Otherwise, the favorable lease agreement with the City of Glendale for Jobing.com Arena will come off the table.
On Monday, Jamison said there would be an announcement “one way or another” this week.
If the three aforementioned sources are correct, Coyotes fans are going to like what they hear.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)