Jan 29, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Two sources familiar with the potential sale of the Coyotes tell the Phoenix Business Journal that the group led by Greg Jamison will close on its purchase tomorrow.
Another source tells the Business Journal the transaction will close Thursday.
Whether it’s Wednesday or Thursday is immaterial, as long as it happens one of those two days. Otherwise, the favorable lease agreement with the City of Glendale for Jobing.com Arena will come off the table.
On Monday, Jamison said there would be an announcement “one way or another” this week.
If the three aforementioned sources are correct, Coyotes fans are going to like what they hear.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)