Jan 29, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Eager, 29, suffered his concussion during a third period fight with Zack Kassian in Edmonton’s season-opening victory over Vancouver. Eager didn’t return to the game following the tilt, and has been held out of the Oilers’ last four games.
Peckham, 25, has yet to play this season due to a groin injury suffered during training camp.
The Oilers are set to embark on a three-game road trip through Phoenix, San Jose and Colorado, so it’s likely Peckham will make his season debut away from Rexall.
Edmonton has essentially gone without a tough guy in its forward rotation since Eager got hurt. Darcy Hordichuk has dressed for just one game — Saturday’s loss against Calgary — and only played 1:11,
which still felt like too much.
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 27
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 50
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 11
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 98
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 40
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)