Jan 29, 2013, 2:35 PM EDT
Eager, 29, suffered his concussion during a third period fight with Zack Kassian in Edmonton’s season-opening victory over Vancouver. Eager didn’t return to the game following the tilt, and has been held out of the Oilers’ last four games.
Peckham, 25, has yet to play this season due to a groin injury suffered during training camp.
The Oilers are set to embark on a three-game road trip through Phoenix, San Jose and Colorado, so it’s likely Peckham will make his season debut away from Rexall.
Edmonton has essentially gone without a tough guy in its forward rotation since Eager got hurt. Darcy Hordichuk has dressed for just one game — Saturday’s loss against Calgary — and only played 1:11,
which still felt like too much.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5