Jan 29, 2013, 2:35 PM EST
Eager, 29, suffered his concussion during a third period fight with Zack Kassian in Edmonton’s season-opening victory over Vancouver. Eager didn’t return to the game following the tilt, and has been held out of the Oilers’ last four games.
Peckham, 25, has yet to play this season due to a groin injury suffered during training camp.
The Oilers are set to embark on a three-game road trip through Phoenix, San Jose and Colorado, so it’s likely Peckham will make his season debut away from Rexall.
Edmonton has essentially gone without a tough guy in its forward rotation since Eager got hurt. Darcy Hordichuk has dressed for just one game — Saturday’s loss against Calgary — and only played 1:11,
which still felt like too much.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)