Jan 29, 2013, 2:35 PM EST
Eager, 29, suffered his concussion during a third period fight with Zack Kassian in Edmonton’s season-opening victory over Vancouver. Eager didn’t return to the game following the tilt, and has been held out of the Oilers’ last four games.
Peckham, 25, has yet to play this season due to a groin injury suffered during training camp.
The Oilers are set to embark on a three-game road trip through Phoenix, San Jose and Colorado, so it’s likely Peckham will make his season debut away from Rexall.
Edmonton has essentially gone without a tough guy in its forward rotation since Eager got hurt. Darcy Hordichuk has dressed for just one game — Saturday’s loss against Calgary — and only played 1:11,
which still felt like too much.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2