Jan 29, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison has until Thursday for his investment group to purchase the Coyotes from the NHL. If he fails to meet that deadline, new Glendale mayor Jerry Weiers won’t offer him an extension on the proposed lease agreement that would involve the city paying Jamison’s group millions annually to manage Jobing.com Arena (per 92.3 KTAR).
“We are not there yet,” Weiers said. “If he doesn’t put the deal together, we won’t go down that road again with him. Obviously, if we can keep the Coyotes here under different circumstances and without that same deal it is certainly something I would like to push forward with.”
Jamison recently stated there would be an announcement regarding the sale of the club “one way or the other” this week.
It’s worth noting that back in late November when Weiers was still the Mayor-elect, he voiced his opposition to the lease deal.
“I’m not overly happy with the decision made, but we’ll take that decision and run with it the best we can,” Weiers said at the time.
“It is what it is, the council, the current council passed it. It’s something I’m going to have to deal with.”
Or maybe not?
May 6, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
The Presidents’ Trophy winners are now down 3-1 in the series.
May 6, 2015, 10:24 PM EDT
Montreal’s really not into that magic trick.
May 6, 2015, 10:14 PM EDT
An absolute beauty of a save.
May 6, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Another shocking end.
May 6, 2015, 9:27 PM EDT
Was that “boy strength” or “man strength?”
May 6, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
They hadn’t scored in 100 minutes.
May 6, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
Two chances that barely missed.
May 6, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Tampa Bay grabs a 1-0 lead in Game 3.
May 6, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
Things haven’t come easily for the high-end prospect.
May 6, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Chosen by the National Hockey League Broadcasters’ Association.
May 6, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Watch on TV and online.
May 6, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Czech netminder has appeared in 27 games for Nashville over the last two seasons.
May 6, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Sweden led 3-0 at one point.
May 6, 2015, 3:56 PM EDT
Scored 63 goals and 118 points this year for Portland.
May 6, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
“It’s like a horse race — you can’t stand ten feet ahead of the finish line and determine who won a close race.”
May 6, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Had 89 points in 55 games.
May 6, 2015, 2:26 PM EDT
Yet the Wild coach is now staring it in the face.
May 6, 2015, 1:41 PM EDT
Teams will meet tonight and again tomorrow in Tampa Bay.
May 6, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“I’m still in between and weighing the options.”
May 6, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
Calgary’s Bob Hartley is considered the favorite.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)