Jan 29, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
The Blackhawks could soon be getting some defensive reinforcements.
That’s the word out of Chicago on Tuesday as ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville told CSN Chicago that Rozsival’s injured knee is “all right” and that the 34-year-old will skate prior to tomorrow night’s game in Minnesota.
Rozsival didn’t play in the season-opening win in Los Angeles but made his ‘Hawks debut in style, notching two assists in a 6-4 win over Phoenix — his former club.
From there, he averaged over 13 minutes in wins over St. Louis and Dallas before tweaking his knee against the Stars. He hasn’t played or skated since, missing games against the Blue Jackets and Red Wings.
Losing Rozsival has tested Chicago’s depth on defense. The ‘Hawks were already without Steve Montador (post-concussion symptoms) and in an OT win over Detroit on Sunday, they gave extensive minutes to the likes of Sheldon Brookbank (11:28) and Nick Leddy (12:21).
It should be noted that Leddy scored the overtime winner against Detroit, just his eighth career goal.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 25
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 12
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)