Jan 29, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
The Blackhawks could soon be getting some defensive reinforcements.
That’s the word out of Chicago on Tuesday as ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville told CSN Chicago that Rozsival’s injured knee is “all right” and that the 34-year-old will skate prior to tomorrow night’s game in Minnesota.
Rozsival didn’t play in the season-opening win in Los Angeles but made his ‘Hawks debut in style, notching two assists in a 6-4 win over Phoenix — his former club.
From there, he averaged over 13 minutes in wins over St. Louis and Dallas before tweaking his knee against the Stars. He hasn’t played or skated since, missing games against the Blue Jackets and Red Wings.
Losing Rozsival has tested Chicago’s depth on defense. The ‘Hawks were already without Steve Montador (post-concussion symptoms) and in an OT win over Detroit on Sunday, they gave extensive minutes to the likes of Sheldon Brookbank (11:28) and Nick Leddy (12:21).
It should be noted that Leddy scored the overtime winner against Detroit, just his eighth career goal.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)