Jan 29, 2013, 9:37 PM EST
The Blackhawks could soon be getting some defensive reinforcements.
That’s the word out of Chicago on Tuesday as ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville told CSN Chicago that Rozsival’s injured knee is “all right” and that the 34-year-old will skate prior to tomorrow night’s game in Minnesota.
Rozsival didn’t play in the season-opening win in Los Angeles but made his ‘Hawks debut in style, notching two assists in a 6-4 win over Phoenix — his former club.
From there, he averaged over 13 minutes in wins over St. Louis and Dallas before tweaking his knee against the Stars. He hasn’t played or skated since, missing games against the Blue Jackets and Red Wings.
Losing Rozsival has tested Chicago’s depth on defense. The ‘Hawks were already without Steve Montador (post-concussion symptoms) and in an OT win over Detroit on Sunday, they gave extensive minutes to the likes of Sheldon Brookbank (11:28) and Nick Leddy (12:21).
It should be noted that Leddy scored the overtime winner against Detroit, just his eighth career goal.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)