Jan 29, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek will miss Tuesday’s game against Buffalo with a freak injury.
A freak injury wrapped in mystery.
Covered in secret sauce.
Carlyle wouldn’t elaborate on what the regrettable actions were, so we’re left to assume Komisarek was doing renovations to the Leafs’ dressing room (without wearing the appropriate protective eye-wear.)
That, or any other number of fiberglass-related activities.
TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports the “freak” injury resulted in Komisarek getting a suture. As far as his future health goes, the 31-year-old is currently listed as day-to-day.
The injury couldn’t come at a worse time for Komisarek, who has played reasonably well this season despite being tagged as one of the NHL’s likeliest compliance buyout candidates.
He’s appeared in three games for Toronto, posting a plus-two rating while averaging over 15 minutes a night. He also finished plus-3 in the Leafs’ biggest win of the year, a 5-2 victory over Pittsburgh last week.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)