Jan 29, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek will miss Tuesday’s game against Buffalo with a freak injury.
A freak injury wrapped in mystery.
Covered in secret sauce.
Carlyle wouldn’t elaborate on what the regrettable actions were, so we’re left to assume Komisarek was doing renovations to the Leafs’ dressing room (without wearing the appropriate protective eye-wear.)
That, or any other number of fiberglass-related activities.
TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports the “freak” injury resulted in Komisarek getting a suture. As far as his future health goes, the 31-year-old is currently listed as day-to-day.
The injury couldn’t come at a worse time for Komisarek, who has played reasonably well this season despite being tagged as one of the NHL’s likeliest compliance buyout candidates.
He’s appeared in three games for Toronto, posting a plus-two rating while averaging over 15 minutes a night. He also finished plus-3 in the Leafs’ biggest win of the year, a 5-2 victory over Pittsburgh last week.
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 3
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)