Jan 29, 2013, 1:19 PM EST
Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek will miss Tuesday’s game against Buffalo with a freak injury.
A freak injury wrapped in mystery.
Covered in secret sauce.
Carlyle wouldn’t elaborate on what the regrettable actions were, so we’re left to assume Komisarek was doing renovations to the Leafs’ dressing room (without wearing the appropriate protective eye-wear.)
That, or any other number of fiberglass-related activities.
TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports the “freak” injury resulted in Komisarek getting a suture. As far as his future health goes, the 31-year-old is currently listed as day-to-day.
The injury couldn’t come at a worse time for Komisarek, who has played reasonably well this season despite being tagged as one of the NHL’s likeliest compliance buyout candidates.
He’s appeared in three games for Toronto, posting a plus-two rating while averaging over 15 minutes a night. He also finished plus-3 in the Leafs’ biggest win of the year, a 5-2 victory over Pittsburgh last week.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 3
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 16
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 5
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)