Jan 29, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek will miss Tuesday’s game against Buffalo with a freak injury.
A freak injury wrapped in mystery.
Covered in secret sauce.
Carlyle wouldn’t elaborate on what the regrettable actions were, so we’re left to assume Komisarek was doing renovations to the Leafs’ dressing room (without wearing the appropriate protective eye-wear.)
That, or any other number of fiberglass-related activities.
TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports the “freak” injury resulted in Komisarek getting a suture. As far as his future health goes, the 31-year-old is currently listed as day-to-day.
The injury couldn’t come at a worse time for Komisarek, who has played reasonably well this season despite being tagged as one of the NHL’s likeliest compliance buyout candidates.
He’s appeared in three games for Toronto, posting a plus-two rating while averaging over 15 minutes a night. He also finished plus-3 in the Leafs’ biggest win of the year, a 5-2 victory over Pittsburgh last week.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)