Jan 29, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Not this season, at least.
The club announced today that Lack has had hip surgery and will take six months to recover.
“After consultation with our team physicians, it was deemed that Eddie Lack would require a procedure on his hip,” said Canucks general manager Mike Gillis in a statement. “We expect Eddie to make a complete recovery and continue his professional career after a successful rehabilitation program.”
Prior to today’s announcement, there were already concerns that Lack wasn’t ready to take the No. 2 spot on the Canucks. Though the 25-year-old’s AHL numbers have been very good, he’s yet make his NHL debut.
It’s doubtful Lack’s surgery will change Gillis’s willingness to move Luongo; however, it will require Gillis to acquire a back-up should Luongo be dealt.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)