Jan 29, 2013, 11:31 PM EST
Brad Marchand, recently in the news for accusing Carolina Hurricanes forward Jeff Skinner of slew-footing, scored the shootout winner for the surging Boston Bruins.
The Bruins defeated the New Jersey Devils 2-1 thanks to the skills competition, which apparently at one point turned into a bit of a sausage fest.
According to Michael Hurley of CBS Boston, a hunk of food, reported to be anything from a sausage to a piece of bread, came down from the stands at TD Garden in Boston just as Bruins forward Tyler Seguin was making his shootout attempt.
Seguin actually scored, despite the flying food — but, in accordance with NHL rule 24.4…
If, while the penalty shot is being taken, a spectator throws any object onto the ice or, in the judgment of the Referee, interferes with the player taking the shot or the goalkeeper defending the shot, he shall permit the shot be taken again.
Tonight marked the first time the Bruins played in back-to-back nights. “You really tried to utilize your four lines,” head coach Claude Julien told The Boston Herald.
The win also gives the Bruins their best start since the 1970-71 season.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)