Jan 29, 2013, 11:31 PM EDT
Brad Marchand, recently in the news for accusing Carolina Hurricanes forward Jeff Skinner of slew-footing, scored the shootout winner for the surging Boston Bruins.
The Bruins defeated the New Jersey Devils 2-1 thanks to the skills competition, which apparently at one point turned into a bit of a sausage fest.
According to Michael Hurley of CBS Boston, a hunk of food, reported to be anything from a sausage to a piece of bread, came down from the stands at TD Garden in Boston just as Bruins forward Tyler Seguin was making his shootout attempt.
Seguin actually scored, despite the flying food — but, in accordance with NHL rule 24.4…
If, while the penalty shot is being taken, a spectator throws any object onto the ice or, in the judgment of the Referee, interferes with the player taking the shot or the goalkeeper defending the shot, he shall permit the shot be taken again.
Tonight marked the first time the Bruins played in back-to-back nights. “You really tried to utilize your four lines,” head coach Claude Julien told The Boston Herald.
The win also gives the Bruins their best start since the 1970-71 season.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 4
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 1
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 31
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 76
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 9
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness