Jan 29, 2013, 11:31 PM EDT
Brad Marchand, recently in the news for accusing Carolina Hurricanes forward Jeff Skinner of slew-footing, scored the shootout winner for the surging Boston Bruins.
The Bruins defeated the New Jersey Devils 2-1 thanks to the skills competition, which apparently at one point turned into a bit of a sausage fest.
According to Michael Hurley of CBS Boston, a hunk of food, reported to be anything from a sausage to a piece of bread, came down from the stands at TD Garden in Boston just as Bruins forward Tyler Seguin was making his shootout attempt.
Seguin actually scored, despite the flying food — but, in accordance with NHL rule 24.4…
If, while the penalty shot is being taken, a spectator throws any object onto the ice or, in the judgment of the Referee, interferes with the player taking the shot or the goalkeeper defending the shot, he shall permit the shot be taken again.
Tonight marked the first time the Bruins played in back-to-back nights. “You really tried to utilize your four lines,” head coach Claude Julien told The Boston Herald.
The win also gives the Bruins their best start since the 1970-71 season.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)