Jan 29, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
“Skinner slew-foots all the time,” Marchand told WEEI, referencing an incident from Monday’s 5-3 win involving Skinner and Patrice Bergeron. “He’s always doing that to guys and I think Bergy just had enough of it. We even spoke about it before the game in the room.
“The guys were talking about how much he slew foots and you’ve got to watch out for him. You can see it’s very blatant. He kicks his legs out and throws him back.”
Here’s video of the incident, with the *alleged* Skinner slew foot on Bergeron occurring behind the Boston goal at the five second mark:
As Marchand alluded to, this is not the first time Skinner’s come under fire for slew-footing.
Last March, the ‘Canes forward was said to have taken out Washington defenseman Dmitry Orlov with a similar move.
“If you can get a hold of the tape, you can clearly see his leg come out and trip him there,” one Caps player told The Washington Times on the condition of anonymity. “That’s a terribly dangerous play.”
The NHL reviewed the play, but deemed the play a trip, not a slew-foot.
A few days after the Orlov incident, Skinner was suspended two games for kicking Blues forward Scott Nichol, furthering his reputation as a guy that likes to use his feet for nefarious deeds:
It should be noted that if anybody’s qualified to identify a slew-foot, it’s Marchand. He was fined for one last year (on Pittsburgh’s Matt Niskanen) and said he regretting doing such a “greasy play.”
“[Skinner’s] got to stop doing that,” Marchand said. “If he does it again, I wouldn’t be surprised if a guy got up and took exception. It’s just not a good play.”
Sep 2, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
Another diamond in the rough?
Sep 2, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
He also wanted them to get swept in the opening playoff round against Nashville, apparently.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:54 AM EDT
After missing most of last season with a back injury.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
It will be raised before the home opener on Oct. 10.
Sep 2, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Wednesday’s collection of links.
Sep 1, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
They were near the bottom of the league in that regard last season.
Sep 1, 2015, 9:03 PM EDT
“The way he offered his house to me shows what kind of person he is.”
Sep 1, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
They had strong attendance numbers last season too.
Sep 1, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
The Blues have a vacancy with Patrik Berglund out for at least four months.
Sep 1, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
A few players have leapfrogged Steven Stamkos.
Sep 1, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
He played through the injury in 2014-15.
Sep 1, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
That’s per L.A. GM Dean Lombardi.
Sep 1, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
Which leaves the question — would they make a move?
Sep 1, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
He spent all of last season with Lehigh Valley.
Sep 1, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
Sep 1, 2015, 10:04 AM EDT
Veteran forward heads overseas after appearing in 600-plus NHL contests.
Sep 1, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
He’s got plenty of potential, but he doesn’t want to get ahead of himself.
Sep 1, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Aug 31, 2015, 10:22 PM EDT
His first game against Boston is scheduled for Feb. 9.
Aug 31, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
The start of his rookie campaign is approaching.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 4
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 106
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)