Jan 29, 2013, 1:52 PM EST
“Skinner slew-foots all the time,” Marchand told WEEI, referencing an incident from Monday’s 5-3 win involving Skinner and Patrice Bergeron. “He’s always doing that to guys and I think Bergy just had enough of it. We even spoke about it before the game in the room.
“The guys were talking about how much he slew foots and you’ve got to watch out for him. You can see it’s very blatant. He kicks his legs out and throws him back.”
Here’s video of the incident, with the *alleged* Skinner slew foot on Bergeron occurring behind the Boston goal at the five second mark:
As Marchand alluded to, this is not the first time Skinner’s come under fire for slew-footing.
Last March, the ‘Canes forward was said to have taken out Washington defenseman Dmitry Orlov with a similar move.
“If you can get a hold of the tape, you can clearly see his leg come out and trip him there,” one Caps player told The Washington Times on the condition of anonymity. “That’s a terribly dangerous play.”
The NHL reviewed the play, but deemed the play a trip, not a slew-foot.
A few days after the Orlov incident, Skinner was suspended two games for kicking Blues forward Scott Nichol, furthering his reputation as a guy that likes to use his feet for nefarious deeds:
It should be noted that if anybody’s qualified to identify a slew-foot, it’s Marchand. He was fined for one last year (on Pittsburgh’s Matt Niskanen) and said he regretting doing such a “greasy play.”
“[Skinner’s] got to stop doing that,” Marchand said. “If he does it again, I wouldn’t be surprised if a guy got up and took exception. It’s just not a good play.”
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2