Jan 28, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Having had a weekend to reflect on his situation, PK Subban will meet with his agent this morning in Toronto to figure out what to do next.
Per Louis Jean of TVA Sports, Subban and the Montreal Canadiens still have philosophical differences when it comes to the 23-year-old’s next contract. The club reportedly wants him to sign a two-year, $5.1 million “bridge” contract, while Subban is looking for considerably more.
What might Subban’s next move be?
One could be to sign what the Habs are offering, or at least drop his demands.
Another could be to continue waiting. And while he’s waiting, maybe another team will swoop in and give him an offer sheet.
Finally, he could request a trade.
The Canadiens are off to a 3-1-0 start, somewhat lessening the pressure on general manager Marc Bergevin to get his talented defenseman back into the lineup.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)