Jan 28, 2013, 10:53 AM EST
Having had a weekend to reflect on his situation, PK Subban will meet with his agent this morning in Toronto to figure out what to do next.
Per Louis Jean of TVA Sports, Subban and the Montreal Canadiens still have philosophical differences when it comes to the 23-year-old’s next contract. The club reportedly wants him to sign a two-year, $5.1 million “bridge” contract, while Subban is looking for considerably more.
What might Subban’s next move be?
One could be to sign what the Habs are offering, or at least drop his demands.
Another could be to continue waiting. And while he’s waiting, maybe another team will swoop in and give him an offer sheet.
Finally, he could request a trade.
The Canadiens are off to a 3-1-0 start, somewhat lessening the pressure on general manager Marc Bergevin to get his talented defenseman back into the lineup.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 10
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)