Jan 28, 2013, 10:53 AM EST
Having had a weekend to reflect on his situation, PK Subban will meet with his agent this morning in Toronto to figure out what to do next.
Per Louis Jean of TVA Sports, Subban and the Montreal Canadiens still have philosophical differences when it comes to the 23-year-old’s next contract. The club reportedly wants him to sign a two-year, $5.1 million “bridge” contract, while Subban is looking for considerably more.
What might Subban’s next move be?
One could be to sign what the Habs are offering, or at least drop his demands.
Another could be to continue waiting. And while he’s waiting, maybe another team will swoop in and give him an offer sheet.
Finally, he could request a trade.
The Canadiens are off to a 3-1-0 start, somewhat lessening the pressure on general manager Marc Bergevin to get his talented defenseman back into the lineup.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)