Jan 28, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
On Monday, the Ottawa Senators recalled forward Mika Zibanejad from AHL Binghamton.
Zibanejad, 19, has scored 4G-7A-11PTS in 23 games with the B-Sens this season, and could be with the parent club for the duration of the AHL All-Star break (teams don’t resume play until Jan. 31)
“I think he’s a guy that Paul [MacLean] will probably want to give a game or two right now to find out a little more about him,” Sens GM Bryan Murray told the Ottawa Citizen. “His speed and size should be an asset for us.”
Listed at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, Zibanejad could draw into the lineup on Tuesday, when the Sens host the Capitals in Ottawa.
The Sens took Zibanejad sixth overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, and he proceeded to play in nine games for the club as an 18-year-old, registering one assist and two penalty minutes before being sent back to Djurgardens of the Swedish Elite League.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)