Jan 28, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
On Monday, the Ottawa Senators recalled forward Mika Zibanejad from AHL Binghamton.
Zibanejad, 19, has scored 4G-7A-11PTS in 23 games with the B-Sens this season, and could be with the parent club for the duration of the AHL All-Star break (teams don’t resume play until Jan. 31)
“I think he’s a guy that Paul [MacLean] will probably want to give a game or two right now to find out a little more about him,” Sens GM Bryan Murray told the Ottawa Citizen. “His speed and size should be an asset for us.”
Listed at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, Zibanejad could draw into the lineup on Tuesday, when the Sens host the Capitals in Ottawa.
The Sens took Zibanejad sixth overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, and he proceeded to play in nine games for the club as an 18-year-old, registering one assist and two penalty minutes before being sent back to Djurgardens of the Swedish Elite League.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)