Jan 28, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Rookie forwards Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher are sticking with the Montreal Canadiens.
GM Marc Bergenvin and head coach Michel Therrien told the pair the good news this morning, according to the club’s Twitter feed.
Galchenyuk, 18, has a goal and two assists in four games; Gallagher, 20, has a goal and an assist in three games. The two have drawn rave reviews for their play so far.
The club’s decision to keep Galchenyuk and not return him to junior means the third overall pick from the 2012 draft will use up the first year of his three-year entry-level contract.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11