Jan 28, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Rookie forwards Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher are sticking with the Montreal Canadiens.
GM Marc Bergenvin and head coach Michel Therrien told the pair the good news this morning, according to the club’s Twitter feed.
Galchenyuk, 18, has a goal and two assists in four games; Gallagher, 20, has a goal and an assist in three games. The two have drawn rave reviews for their play so far.
The club’s decision to keep Galchenyuk and not return him to junior means the third overall pick from the 2012 draft will use up the first year of his three-year entry-level contract.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)