Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Sounds as though Coyotes forward Matthew Lombardi will have yet another season interrupted by injury.
On Monday, Phoenix head coach Dave Tippett said the speedy center would miss extensive time with an undisclosed upper-body ailment.
“Definite month-plus,” Tippett told the Arizona Republic. “It will all depend on whether it’s a rehab or a surgery situation, and we’re not sure how that’s going to go yet.”
Lombardi was injured during the second period of Phoenix’s 5-3 loss to San Jose last Thursday, and didn’t dress for Saturday’s 4-2 loss to Los Angeles.
It’s unclear exactly what kind of injury Lombardi suffered, though it doesn’t appear related to the concussion issues that saw him miss 80 games with Nashville during the 2010-11 season.
On Friday, Tippett said the injury wasn’t something Lombardi’s had a problem with before.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)