Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Sounds as though Coyotes forward Matthew Lombardi will have yet another season interrupted by injury.
On Monday, Phoenix head coach Dave Tippett said the speedy center would miss extensive time with an undisclosed upper-body ailment.
“Definite month-plus,” Tippett told the Arizona Republic. “It will all depend on whether it’s a rehab or a surgery situation, and we’re not sure how that’s going to go yet.”
Lombardi was injured during the second period of Phoenix’s 5-3 loss to San Jose last Thursday, and didn’t dress for Saturday’s 4-2 loss to Los Angeles.
It’s unclear exactly what kind of injury Lombardi suffered, though it doesn’t appear related to the concussion issues that saw him miss 80 games with Nashville during the 2010-11 season.
On Friday, Tippett said the injury wasn’t something Lombardi’s had a problem with before.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 27
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 86
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (86)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)