Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Sounds as though Coyotes forward Matthew Lombardi will have yet another season interrupted by injury.
On Monday, Phoenix head coach Dave Tippett said the speedy center would miss extensive time with an undisclosed upper-body ailment.
“Definite month-plus,” Tippett told the Arizona Republic. “It will all depend on whether it’s a rehab or a surgery situation, and we’re not sure how that’s going to go yet.”
Lombardi was injured during the second period of Phoenix’s 5-3 loss to San Jose last Thursday, and didn’t dress for Saturday’s 4-2 loss to Los Angeles.
It’s unclear exactly what kind of injury Lombardi suffered, though it doesn’t appear related to the concussion issues that saw him miss 80 games with Nashville during the 2010-11 season.
On Friday, Tippett said the injury wasn’t something Lombardi’s had a problem with before.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)