Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Sounds as though Coyotes forward Matthew Lombardi will have yet another season interrupted by injury.
On Monday, Phoenix head coach Dave Tippett said the speedy center would miss extensive time with an undisclosed upper-body ailment.
“Definite month-plus,” Tippett told the Arizona Republic. “It will all depend on whether it’s a rehab or a surgery situation, and we’re not sure how that’s going to go yet.”
Lombardi was injured during the second period of Phoenix’s 5-3 loss to San Jose last Thursday, and didn’t dress for Saturday’s 4-2 loss to Los Angeles.
It’s unclear exactly what kind of injury Lombardi suffered, though it doesn’t appear related to the concussion issues that saw him miss 80 games with Nashville during the 2010-11 season.
On Friday, Tippett said the injury wasn’t something Lombardi’s had a problem with before.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 54
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)