Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Sounds as though Coyotes forward Matthew Lombardi will have yet another season interrupted by injury.
On Monday, Phoenix head coach Dave Tippett said the speedy center would miss extensive time with an undisclosed upper-body ailment.
“Definite month-plus,” Tippett told the Arizona Republic. “It will all depend on whether it’s a rehab or a surgery situation, and we’re not sure how that’s going to go yet.”
Lombardi was injured during the second period of Phoenix’s 5-3 loss to San Jose last Thursday, and didn’t dress for Saturday’s 4-2 loss to Los Angeles.
It’s unclear exactly what kind of injury Lombardi suffered, though it doesn’t appear related to the concussion issues that saw him miss 80 games with Nashville during the 2010-11 season.
On Friday, Tippett said the injury wasn’t something Lombardi’s had a problem with before.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)