Jan 28, 2013, 12:25 PM EST
Patrick Marleau‘s white-hot start to the season has netted him some accolades.
On Monday, the San Jose Sharks forward was named the NHL’s Player of the Week, on the strength of his nine-goal, 13-point performance.
Marleau scored twice in each of San Jose’s first four games — all wins — and added a solo marker in Sunday’s 4-1 victory over Vancouver.
In doing so, he matched Cy Denneny’s mark for starting the season with multi-goal games (ol’ Cy did it in 1917-18 with Ottawa.)
The 33-year-old is now tied for the NHL scoring lead with teammate Joe Thornton.
Second star went to Chicago goalie Corey Crawford, who has backstopped the ‘Hawks to their best start in franchise history.
Crawford posted five wins, a 1.78 goals-against average and a .933 save percentage to help the Blackhawks pick up six consecutive wins to begin the season.
Third star went to veteran Lightning forward Martin St. Louis, who racked up eight assists (second most in the league) and 11 points as Tampa took possession of first place in the Southeast Division.
St. Louis’ most prolific performance came during Sunday’s 5-1 win over the Flyers, when he assisted on all but one of Tampa’s goals and finished as the game’s third star.
Feb 26, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
Minnesota needs this against one of the West’s best.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:39 PM EST
In other news, it appears as though David Krejci is on LTIR.
Feb 26, 2015, 6:32 PM EST
Canucks requested the league take a closer look, but no evidence was found.
Feb 26, 2015, 6:27 PM EST
Feb 26, 2015, 6:18 PM EST
Head coach Joel Quenneville said it’s “all news to me.”
Feb 26, 2015, 5:30 PM EST
A familiar face goes back to the Toronto organization.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:49 PM EST
Buy hey, you never know.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:39 PM EST
Bold move from Florida GM Dale Tallon.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:35 PM EST
Looking forward to playing “a better role.”
Feb 26, 2015, 4:31 PM EST
Joining the likes of Wayne Gretzky, Magic Johnson, Jerry West, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Chick Hearn and Oscar De La Hoya.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:06 PM EST
Former “CPR Line” line member is headed back to St. Louis.
Feb 26, 2015, 3:42 PM EST
A lost campaign for the veteran Sharks forward.
Feb 26, 2015, 3:04 PM EST
“People are getting excited for mid-range players.”
Feb 26, 2015, 2:31 PM EST
A couple of tweets are causing a stir in Chicago.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:24 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Feb 26, 2015, 2:02 PM EST
But, his agent says the organization has “respected our position of leaving negotiations until after the season.”
Feb 26, 2015, 1:42 PM EST
“We would love to have him as an Av for a long time.”
Feb 26, 2015, 1:09 PM EST
Willie Desjardins, playing it safe.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:02 PM EST
The two teams meet again, just 48 hours after the incident.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:43 PM EST
Just days after he said he’d report to AHL Norfolk.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 45
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)