Jan 28, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Patrick Marleau‘s white-hot start to the season has netted him some accolades.
On Monday, the San Jose Sharks forward was named the NHL’s Player of the Week, on the strength of his nine-goal, 13-point performance.
Marleau scored twice in each of San Jose’s first four games — all wins — and added a solo marker in Sunday’s 4-1 victory over Vancouver.
In doing so, he matched Cy Denneny’s mark for starting the season with multi-goal games (ol’ Cy did it in 1917-18 with Ottawa.)
The 33-year-old is now tied for the NHL scoring lead with teammate Joe Thornton.
Second star went to Chicago goalie Corey Crawford, who has backstopped the ‘Hawks to their best start in franchise history.
Crawford posted five wins, a 1.78 goals-against average and a .933 save percentage to help the Blackhawks pick up six consecutive wins to begin the season.
Third star went to veteran Lightning forward Martin St. Louis, who racked up eight assists (second most in the league) and 11 points as Tampa took possession of first place in the Southeast Division.
St. Louis’ most prolific performance came during Sunday’s 5-1 win over the Flyers, when he assisted on all but one of Tampa’s goals and finished as the game’s third star.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He’s wise to be patient with Carey Price cemented in the No. 1 spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
They previously visited Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
Sep 4, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Daniel Paille still looks for work.
Sep 4, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
It’s reportedly worth $950K.
Sep 4, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Friday’s interesting tidbits in one spot.
Sep 4, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
His critics get one fewer straw to grasp.
Sep 4, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He’ll reportedly work in the player development department.
Sep 4, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
GM Jeff Gorton is excited to bring him back to New York.
Sep 4, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Everyone that was at his Hamburg home during the night of the alleged incident, to be exacted.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:47 AM EDT
He’s recovering from a broken right wrist.
Sep 4, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A summer of change provides “a fresh start.”
Sep 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Less (or at least delayed) competition for Ben Bishop.
Sep 4, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He didn’t play beyond Feb. 25.
Sep 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Sep 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
He might serve on the Capitals’ third defensive pairing.
Sep 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
He was Arizona’s second pick of the draft after Dylan Strome.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
Kane is under a police investigation.
Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
They took him under custody from jail and now he’s awaiting a hearing with an immigration judge.
Sep 3, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Can he find a role with the Flames given their deep blueline?
Sep 3, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
“Antti was frustrated after Chicago send him [a] second time [to the] AHL and he told me truly how he felt.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)