Jan 28, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks have developed some heated rivalries with teams like the Chicago Blackhawks, but don’t forget the Los Angeles Kings.
Defenseman Drew Doughty drove that point home while discussing the ill will with John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor.
“Not only is it their personnel that you learn to dislike,” Doughty explained. “It’s the fact that they keep winning the conference every year. You’re going to hate any good team just because they have that cockiness. But, they have a swagger about them that we don’t like, and we want to show them that we can be the better team. That’s why I think tonight is going to be a big battle.”
It’s already an interesting game with Roberto Luongo likely to start against the team that forced him out of the Canucks’ net in the 2012 playoffs, but now there’s some tantalizing bulletin board material.
The Monday contest takes places in Los Angeles at 10:30 p.m. ET. From the sound of things, it could be worth a few yawns at work.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)