Jan 28, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have developed some heated rivalries with teams like the Chicago Blackhawks, but don’t forget the Los Angeles Kings.
Defenseman Drew Doughty drove that point home while discussing the ill will with John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor.
“Not only is it their personnel that you learn to dislike,” Doughty explained. “It’s the fact that they keep winning the conference every year. You’re going to hate any good team just because they have that cockiness. But, they have a swagger about them that we don’t like, and we want to show them that we can be the better team. That’s why I think tonight is going to be a big battle.”
It’s already an interesting game with Roberto Luongo likely to start against the team that forced him out of the Canucks’ net in the 2012 playoffs, but now there’s some tantalizing bulletin board material.
The Monday contest takes places in Los Angeles at 10:30 p.m. ET. From the sound of things, it could be worth a few yawns at work.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)