Jan 28, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have developed some heated rivalries with teams like the Chicago Blackhawks, but don’t forget the Los Angeles Kings.
Defenseman Drew Doughty drove that point home while discussing the ill will with John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor.
“Not only is it their personnel that you learn to dislike,” Doughty explained. “It’s the fact that they keep winning the conference every year. You’re going to hate any good team just because they have that cockiness. But, they have a swagger about them that we don’t like, and we want to show them that we can be the better team. That’s why I think tonight is going to be a big battle.”
It’s already an interesting game with Roberto Luongo likely to start against the team that forced him out of the Canucks’ net in the 2012 playoffs, but now there’s some tantalizing bulletin board material.
The Monday contest takes places in Los Angeles at 10:30 p.m. ET. From the sound of things, it could be worth a few yawns at work.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 33
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 6
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)