Jan 28, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have developed some heated rivalries with teams like the Chicago Blackhawks, but don’t forget the Los Angeles Kings.
Defenseman Drew Doughty drove that point home while discussing the ill will with John Hoven of Mayor’s Manor.
“Not only is it their personnel that you learn to dislike,” Doughty explained. “It’s the fact that they keep winning the conference every year. You’re going to hate any good team just because they have that cockiness. But, they have a swagger about them that we don’t like, and we want to show them that we can be the better team. That’s why I think tonight is going to be a big battle.”
It’s already an interesting game with Roberto Luongo likely to start against the team that forced him out of the Canucks’ net in the 2012 playoffs, but now there’s some tantalizing bulletin board material.
The Monday contest takes places in Los Angeles at 10:30 p.m. ET. From the sound of things, it could be worth a few yawns at work.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25