Jan 28, 2013, 5:44 PM EST
Drew Doughty remembers what happened in April, right? When the Kings beat the Canucks in five games? Ring a bell?
We only ask because this is what Doughty said today prior to tonight’s Vancouver-Los Angeles game at the Staples Center:
“There’s nothing more rewarding than beating a team that’s won the (Presidents’ Trophy) the last couple of years in a row. So we’re really looking forward to hopefully do that tonight. A big win tonight against a big team like them would definitely give us a confidence boost.”
To be fair, the Kings are off to a sluggish 1-2-1 start, so we can see where Doughty’s coming from. Plus, there’s no sense giving the Canucks any more motivation than they should already have against the team that bounced them so unceremoniously last spring.
Of note, Roberto Luongo is expected to get the assignment in Vancouver’s goal. The 33-year-old started the first two games of last year’s Kings series before being replaced by Cory Schneider for the final three games — a move that many thought would lead to Luongo playing elsewhere by now.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)