Jan 28, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have put injured center Derek Roy on injured reserve, retroactive to Jan. 24.
Roy, 29, hurt his groin while playing in Dallas’ 3-2 ovetime loss to Chicago on Thursday. He assisted on Loui Eriksson‘s shorthanded goal in the first period and logged 19:17 of ice time, but was subsequently held out of Saturday’s loss to St. Louis.
Roy will miss his second straight game on Monday against the Columbus Blue Jackets and likely won’t be available when the Stars take on Detroit on Tuesday.
The impending UFA has been a solid contributor for the Stars this season. Acquired in the offseason from Buffalo in exchange for Steve Ott, Roy has two points in four games and recorded a plus-1 rating.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)