Jan 28, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have put injured center Derek Roy on injured reserve, retroactive to Jan. 24.
Roy, 29, hurt his groin while playing in Dallas’ 3-2 ovetime loss to Chicago on Thursday. He assisted on Loui Eriksson‘s shorthanded goal in the first period and logged 19:17 of ice time, but was subsequently held out of Saturday’s loss to St. Louis.
Roy will miss his second straight game on Monday against the Columbus Blue Jackets and likely won’t be available when the Stars take on Detroit on Tuesday.
The impending UFA has been a solid contributor for the Stars this season. Acquired in the offseason from Buffalo in exchange for Steve Ott, Roy has two points in four games and recorded a plus-1 rating.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)