Jan 28, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have put injured center Derek Roy on injured reserve, retroactive to Jan. 24.
Roy, 29, hurt his groin while playing in Dallas’ 3-2 ovetime loss to Chicago on Thursday. He assisted on Loui Eriksson‘s shorthanded goal in the first period and logged 19:17 of ice time, but was subsequently held out of Saturday’s loss to St. Louis.
Roy will miss his second straight game on Monday against the Columbus Blue Jackets and likely won’t be available when the Stars take on Detroit on Tuesday.
The impending UFA has been a solid contributor for the Stars this season. Acquired in the offseason from Buffalo in exchange for Steve Ott, Roy has two points in four games and recorded a plus-1 rating.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21