Jan 28, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have put injured center Derek Roy on injured reserve, retroactive to Jan. 24.
Roy, 29, hurt his groin while playing in Dallas’ 3-2 ovetime loss to Chicago on Thursday. He assisted on Loui Eriksson‘s shorthanded goal in the first period and logged 19:17 of ice time, but was subsequently held out of Saturday’s loss to St. Louis.
Roy will miss his second straight game on Monday against the Columbus Blue Jackets and likely won’t be available when the Stars take on Detroit on Tuesday.
The impending UFA has been a solid contributor for the Stars this season. Acquired in the offseason from Buffalo in exchange for Steve Ott, Roy has two points in four games and recorded a plus-1 rating.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)