Jan 28, 2013, 4:56 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have put injured center Derek Roy on injured reserve, retroactive to Jan. 24.
Roy, 29, hurt his groin while playing in Dallas’ 3-2 ovetime loss to Chicago on Thursday. He assisted on Loui Eriksson‘s shorthanded goal in the first period and logged 19:17 of ice time, but was subsequently held out of Saturday’s loss to St. Louis.
Roy will miss his second straight game on Monday against the Columbus Blue Jackets and likely won’t be available when the Stars take on Detroit on Tuesday.
The impending UFA has been a solid contributor for the Stars this season. Acquired in the offseason from Buffalo in exchange for Steve Ott, Roy has two points in four games and recorded a plus-1 rating.
- BREAKING: Kessel traded to the Penguins 8
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 4
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 5
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 11
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 26
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)