Jan 28, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison says there will be an announcement by the end of the week regarding the sale of the club.
Whether that announcement will be good news for the team’s fans, he won’t say for certain.
Perhaps because he can’t say for certain.
Jamison has been targeting the end of the month (Thursday) for his group to finally close on its purchase of the league-owned franchise.
“The deadline is the 31st, right? We’re working toward that,” Jamison told the Arizona Republic Monday.
“There are a lot of moving parts. It’s very difficult to explain how many moving parts there are to put it all together. Rather than constantly going into that with people – people are a little tired of hearing that – I think they would just prefer to have an announcement, one way or the other, at an appropriate time.”
Of course, the Coyotes’ saga is of interest to more than just Arizona hockey fans. If the Jamison group’s purchase falls through, Seattle and Quebec City are two potential relocation markets that could host a team as soon as next season.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)