Jan 28, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison says there will be an announcement by the end of the week regarding the sale of the club.
Whether that announcement will be good news for the team’s fans, he won’t say for certain.
Perhaps because he can’t say for certain.
Jamison has been targeting the end of the month (Thursday) for his group to finally close on its purchase of the league-owned franchise.
“The deadline is the 31st, right? We’re working toward that,” Jamison told the Arizona Republic Monday.
“There are a lot of moving parts. It’s very difficult to explain how many moving parts there are to put it all together. Rather than constantly going into that with people – people are a little tired of hearing that – I think they would just prefer to have an announcement, one way or the other, at an appropriate time.”
Of course, the Coyotes’ saga is of interest to more than just Arizona hockey fans. If the Jamison group’s purchase falls through, Seattle and Quebec City are two potential relocation markets that could host a team as soon as next season.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)