Jan 28, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison says there will be an announcement by the end of the week regarding the sale of the club.
Whether that announcement will be good news for the team’s fans, he won’t say for certain.
Perhaps because he can’t say for certain.
Jamison has been targeting the end of the month (Thursday) for his group to finally close on its purchase of the league-owned franchise.
“The deadline is the 31st, right? We’re working toward that,” Jamison told the Arizona Republic Monday.
“There are a lot of moving parts. It’s very difficult to explain how many moving parts there are to put it all together. Rather than constantly going into that with people – people are a little tired of hearing that – I think they would just prefer to have an announcement, one way or the other, at an appropriate time.”
Of course, the Coyotes’ saga is of interest to more than just Arizona hockey fans. If the Jamison group’s purchase falls through, Seattle and Quebec City are two potential relocation markets that could host a team as soon as next season.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)