Jan 28, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison says there will be an announcement by the end of the week regarding the sale of the club.
Whether that announcement will be good news for the team’s fans, he won’t say for certain.
Perhaps because he can’t say for certain.
Jamison has been targeting the end of the month (Thursday) for his group to finally close on its purchase of the league-owned franchise.
“The deadline is the 31st, right? We’re working toward that,” Jamison told the Arizona Republic Monday.
“There are a lot of moving parts. It’s very difficult to explain how many moving parts there are to put it all together. Rather than constantly going into that with people – people are a little tired of hearing that – I think they would just prefer to have an announcement, one way or the other, at an appropriate time.”
Of course, the Coyotes’ saga is of interest to more than just Arizona hockey fans. If the Jamison group’s purchase falls through, Seattle and Quebec City are two potential relocation markets that could host a team as soon as next season.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 2
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 18
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27