Jan 28, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison says there will be an announcement by the end of the week regarding the sale of the club.
Whether that announcement will be good news for the team’s fans, he won’t say for certain.
Perhaps because he can’t say for certain.
Jamison has been targeting the end of the month (Thursday) for his group to finally close on its purchase of the league-owned franchise.
“The deadline is the 31st, right? We’re working toward that,” Jamison told the Arizona Republic Monday.
“There are a lot of moving parts. It’s very difficult to explain how many moving parts there are to put it all together. Rather than constantly going into that with people – people are a little tired of hearing that – I think they would just prefer to have an announcement, one way or the other, at an appropriate time.”
Of course, the Coyotes’ saga is of interest to more than just Arizona hockey fans. If the Jamison group’s purchase falls through, Seattle and Quebec City are two potential relocation markets that could host a team as soon as next season.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)