Jan 28, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets bottled the Stars up for the most part, winning 2-1. Benn was pretty quiet for much of the evening, although he did collect a secondary assist and was thrown out of the contest with four seconds left.
On the bright side, conditioning didn’t seem like a huge issue for the 23-year-old forward, as he logged more than 20 minutes, winning 12 out of 22 faceoffs and firing two shots on goal.
Jagr logged 17:46 of ice time but only managed one shot on goal. The 40-year-old future Hall of Famer hasn’t managed a point since his explosive two-goal, two-assist game on opening night.
Instead of getting an offensive boost, the Stars depended on Kari Lehtonen, who kept Dallas in the game even as Columbus out-shot the Stars 17-5 in the second period. Lehtonen, 29, made one of the highlights of the night with this save:
His effort fell short, though, leaving the Stars with just one point in their last three games and an overall record of 2-3-1.
Tuesday won’t be easy, either. They were already scheduled to face the Red Wings on a back-to-back, but things have gotten worse as the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika reports that the team won’t fly to Detroit until tomorrow morning.
At least Benn is back, though.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)