Jan 28, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
The eyebrow-raising part?
The injuries stem from a hit by Sharks defenseman Brad Stuart during Saturday’s loss in San Jose.
Landeskog left the ice immediately after the collision, but — in what will be scrutinized given today’s developments — returned to the game three minutes into the second period.
The 19-year-old ended up playing 16:23 all told.
Stuart wasn’t penalized for the hit and didn’t face any supplemental discipline from the NHL.
He defended his actions to CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz, saying “[if] you take those hits out of the game, you change the game.”
Landeskog also defended the hit.
“I haven’t seen [the replay] but I think it was a clean hit, or felt like a clean hit,” he said. “No elbow, but it was hard, I’ll tell you that much. I was kind of reaching for the puck and didn’t brace myself enough and he stepped up.
“That’s the way with hockey, you give some and you take some, and tonight I took a pretty big one.”
Conversely, Avs head coach Joe Sacco didn’t like the hit, telling Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston it was “a direct blow to the head.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)