Jan 27, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
You could say the Los Angeles Kings have the Phoenix Coyotes number. They beat them in five games in the Western Conference finals last year and Kings captain Dustin Brown managed to drive Phoenix captain Shane Doan mad in the process. Don’t think he forgot about any of that when the two sides met for the first time this season last night.
In the midst of a 4-2 Kings victory, one that saw the Coyotes have two would-be goals disallowed, Doan decided to take some of his frustrations out on Mike Richards. You could chalk this one up as one of the most one-sided fights we’ve seen in a while. [YouTube]
What’s curious here was the possibility that Richards wasn’t Doan’s intended target.
There’s little doubt Doan has Brown filed away in his memory, especially after he scolded him during the handshake line last year. By the way, these two won’t meet again until March 12 in Glendale. You might want to go ahead and put a big ole circle around that date.
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 3
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)