Jan 27, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
You could say the Los Angeles Kings have the Phoenix Coyotes number. They beat them in five games in the Western Conference finals last year and Kings captain Dustin Brown managed to drive Phoenix captain Shane Doan mad in the process. Don’t think he forgot about any of that when the two sides met for the first time this season last night.
In the midst of a 4-2 Kings victory, one that saw the Coyotes have two would-be goals disallowed, Doan decided to take some of his frustrations out on Mike Richards. You could chalk this one up as one of the most one-sided fights we’ve seen in a while. [YouTube]
What’s curious here was the possibility that Richards wasn’t Doan’s intended target.
Doan tried to bait Brown but scrapped with Richards. Dustin just smirks from the bench. Hmmm.—
Life In Hockeywood (@Hockeywood) January 27, 2013
There’s little doubt Doan has Brown filed away in his memory, especially after he scolded him during the handshake line last year. By the way, these two won’t meet again until March 12 in Glendale. You might want to go ahead and put a big ole circle around that date.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)