Jan 27, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
You could say the Los Angeles Kings have the Phoenix Coyotes number. They beat them in five games in the Western Conference finals last year and Kings captain Dustin Brown managed to drive Phoenix captain Shane Doan mad in the process. Don’t think he forgot about any of that when the two sides met for the first time this season last night.
In the midst of a 4-2 Kings victory, one that saw the Coyotes have two would-be goals disallowed, Doan decided to take some of his frustrations out on Mike Richards. You could chalk this one up as one of the most one-sided fights we’ve seen in a while. [YouTube]
What’s curious here was the possibility that Richards wasn’t Doan’s intended target.
There’s little doubt Doan has Brown filed away in his memory, especially after he scolded him during the handshake line last year. By the way, these two won’t meet again until March 12 in Glendale. You might want to go ahead and put a big ole circle around that date.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 100
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (103)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)