Jan 27, 2013, 10:23 AM EST
You could say the Los Angeles Kings have the Phoenix Coyotes number. They beat them in five games in the Western Conference finals last year and Kings captain Dustin Brown managed to drive Phoenix captain Shane Doan mad in the process. Don’t think he forgot about any of that when the two sides met for the first time this season last night.
In the midst of a 4-2 Kings victory, one that saw the Coyotes have two would-be goals disallowed, Doan decided to take some of his frustrations out on Mike Richards. You could chalk this one up as one of the most one-sided fights we’ve seen in a while. [YouTube]
What’s curious here was the possibility that Richards wasn’t Doan’s intended target.
There’s little doubt Doan has Brown filed away in his memory, especially after he scolded him during the handshake line last year. By the way, these two won’t meet again until March 12 in Glendale. You might want to go ahead and put a big ole circle around that date.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 9
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15