Jan 27, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will look to get off the schneid this afternoon against the Capitals, but they’ll be doing it shorthanded.
“I anticipated really that Thomas was going to be able to play. I thought cases like this you can usually bounce back, but it’s a day-to-day type situation.”
How good has Vanek been so far? His nine points are more points than the Capitals have goals this season.
Meanwhile, 2012 first-round pick Mikhail Grigorenko will play today. It’ll mark his fifth game this season meaning it’s his last chance to prove he can stick in the NHL. Judging by the lines the team used in practice yesterday, he’ll get a strong opportunity to show what he’s got playing between Steve Ott and Drew Stafford.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 44
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)