Jan 27, 2013, 7:27 PM EST
It sounds like Jason Arnott won’t add veteran depth to the New York Rangers’ lineup, after all.
ESPN New York’s Katie Strang reports that team doctors did not clear the 38-year-old, ending his chances of finalizing what was believed to be a prorated deal worth between $1.6-$1.7 million.
The big center scored 17 goals and 34 points in 72 games for the St. Louis Blues last season.
While it’s not a sure thing, this development makes one wonder if we’ve seen the last of the two-time All-Star.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2