Jan 27, 2013, 7:27 PM EDT
It sounds like Jason Arnott won’t add veteran depth to the New York Rangers’ lineup, after all.
ESPN New York’s Katie Strang reports that team doctors did not clear the 38-year-old, ending his chances of finalizing what was believed to be a prorated deal worth between $1.6-$1.7 million.
The big center scored 17 goals and 34 points in 72 games for the St. Louis Blues last season.
While it’s not a sure thing, this development makes one wonder if we’ve seen the last of the two-time All-Star.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)