Jan 27, 2013, 7:27 PM EDT
It sounds like Jason Arnott won’t add veteran depth to the New York Rangers’ lineup, after all.
ESPN New York’s Katie Strang reports that team doctors did not clear the 38-year-old, ending his chances of finalizing what was believed to be a prorated deal worth between $1.6-$1.7 million.
The big center scored 17 goals and 34 points in 72 games for the St. Louis Blues last season.
While it’s not a sure thing, this development makes one wonder if we’ve seen the last of the two-time All-Star.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)