Jan 27, 2013, 7:27 PM EDT
It sounds like Jason Arnott won’t add veteran depth to the New York Rangers’ lineup, after all.
ESPN New York’s Katie Strang reports that team doctors did not clear the 38-year-old, ending his chances of finalizing what was believed to be a prorated deal worth between $1.6-$1.7 million.
The big center scored 17 goals and 34 points in 72 games for the St. Louis Blues last season.
While it’s not a sure thing, this development makes one wonder if we’ve seen the last of the two-time All-Star.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)