Jan 27, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings ready themselves to face the Blackhawks on Sunday with some additions and subtractions from their last lineup.
On the bright side, defenseman Jonathan Ericsson and forward Patrick Eaves are back in action. That comes at the expense of Darren Helm (back) and Jakub Kindl, according to Fox Sports Detroit’s Trevor Thompson.
Helm, 26, played his first game of the season on Friday, but apparently throwing his body around for four hits took its toll.
Ericsson has only played in a single contest himself, yet one might argue his presence will mean more than Helm’s absence. The 28-year-old Swede comes back into action on a battered Detroit blueline against a high-flying Chicago offense.
He was dealing with a shoulder injury suffered on Jan. 20.
Either way, it won’t be easy for Detroit, who carry a 2-2-0 record into the United Center.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)