Jan 27, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings ready themselves to face the Blackhawks on Sunday with some additions and subtractions from their last lineup.
On the bright side, defenseman Jonathan Ericsson and forward Patrick Eaves are back in action. That comes at the expense of Darren Helm (back) and Jakub Kindl, according to Fox Sports Detroit’s Trevor Thompson.
Helm, 26, played his first game of the season on Friday, but apparently throwing his body around for four hits took its toll.
Ericsson has only played in a single contest himself, yet one might argue his presence will mean more than Helm’s absence. The 28-year-old Swede comes back into action on a battered Detroit blueline against a high-flying Chicago offense.
He was dealing with a shoulder injury suffered on Jan. 20.
Either way, it won’t be easy for Detroit, who carry a 2-2-0 record into the United Center.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)