Jan 27, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators aren’t known as being a big scoring team and those matters may only get worse.
During last night’s shootout loss to Anaheim, the Preds lost big scoring winger Patric Hornqvist to injury. Following the game, coach Barry Trotz said he would be “out indefinitely” with a lower body injury. Joshua Cooper of The Tennessean has the story.
“He’s a big part of what we do,” Trotz said. “He’s a great guy who brings a lot of energy. He’s as hard as they come. He’s one of the best net-front guys here in the league, if not the best.”
With Tomas Holmstrom retired, Hornqvist is most likely the best guy in and around the net. He’s led the Predators in goals two of the last three seasons and is a regular threat for 30 goals in a normal season.
Through five games this season, the Predators have just 10 goals and if they’re to be without Hornqvist for an extended period that hurts. Guys like Martin Erat, Mike Fisher, and Sergei Kostitsyn will need to pick up their games to make up for it.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)