Jan 27, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
Most fans seemed to love his exuberance in sliding across the ice on his knees after potting a goal with just five seconds left in regulation. Most fans aren’t Don Cherry, however.
During his customary slot on Hockey Night in Canada, Grapes sounded off on Yakupov saying he “acted like an idiot” celebrating the way he did. Check out his full rant in video form here. [YouTube]
While most people compared his celebration to that of Theo Fleury’s back in 1991, Cherry also called Fleury an idiot for celebrating that way too. Cherry saying the Kings “will remember this to the dying day” is a nice bit of hyperbole, but hey, it’s Grapes.
Now go ahead and play the game the right way, would ya? *thumbs up*
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39