Jan 27, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
Most fans seemed to love his exuberance in sliding across the ice on his knees after potting a goal with just five seconds left in regulation. Most fans aren’t Don Cherry, however.
During his customary slot on Hockey Night in Canada, Grapes sounded off on Yakupov saying he “acted like an idiot” celebrating the way he did. Check out his full rant in video form here. [YouTube]
While most people compared his celebration to that of Theo Fleury’s back in 1991, Cherry also called Fleury an idiot for celebrating that way too. Cherry saying the Kings “will remember this to the dying day” is a nice bit of hyperbole, but hey, it’s Grapes.
Now go ahead and play the game the right way, would ya? *thumbs up*
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13