Jan 27, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
Most fans seemed to love his exuberance in sliding across the ice on his knees after potting a goal with just five seconds left in regulation. Most fans aren’t Don Cherry, however.
During his customary slot on Hockey Night in Canada, Grapes sounded off on Yakupov saying he “acted like an idiot” celebrating the way he did. Check out his full rant in video form here. [YouTube]
While most people compared his celebration to that of Theo Fleury’s back in 1991, Cherry also called Fleury an idiot for celebrating that way too. Cherry saying the Kings “will remember this to the dying day” is a nice bit of hyperbole, but hey, it’s Grapes.
Now go ahead and play the game the right way, would ya? *thumbs up*
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2