Jan 27, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
Most fans seemed to love his exuberance in sliding across the ice on his knees after potting a goal with just five seconds left in regulation. Most fans aren’t Don Cherry, however.
During his customary slot on Hockey Night in Canada, Grapes sounded off on Yakupov saying he “acted like an idiot” celebrating the way he did. Check out his full rant in video form here. [YouTube]
While most people compared his celebration to that of Theo Fleury’s back in 1991, Cherry also called Fleury an idiot for celebrating that way too. Cherry saying the Kings “will remember this to the dying day” is a nice bit of hyperbole, but hey, it’s Grapes.
Now go ahead and play the game the right way, would ya? *thumbs up*
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5