Jan 27, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
Most fans seemed to love his exuberance in sliding across the ice on his knees after potting a goal with just five seconds left in regulation. Most fans aren’t Don Cherry, however.
During his customary slot on Hockey Night in Canada, Grapes sounded off on Yakupov saying he “acted like an idiot” celebrating the way he did. Check out his full rant in video form here. [YouTube]
While most people compared his celebration to that of Theo Fleury’s back in 1991, Cherry also called Fleury an idiot for celebrating that way too. Cherry saying the Kings “will remember this to the dying day” is a nice bit of hyperbole, but hey, it’s Grapes.
Now go ahead and play the game the right way, would ya? *thumbs up*
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14