Jan 26, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
(That’s a home date against the Carolina Hurricanes.)
Sheehy says that the 36-year-old blueliner could even hit Long Island sooner, citing the potential resolution of “personal medical reasons within his immediate family.”
Some might wonder if the Isles really want to deal with a player seemingly reluctant to join the team, but there are a couple reasons why they are going in a reasonable direction.
Most obviously, the Slovakian defenseman has had plenty of success at the NHL level, including a 68-point output in 2010-11 that drew some Norris Trophy talk.
Lastly, the Islanders have been through the messy process of dealing with a player who was initially reluctant to play once before. Evgeni Nabokov has become their go-to goalie the last two seasons after sitting out the remainder of 2010-11 following a waiver claim.
Perhaps Visnovsky will eventually come around, too.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
Jun 18, 2013, 10:23 PM EDT
“It’s going to be a strong, solid franchise just like Winnipeg is now.”
Jun 18, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
Things are getting dramatic in Philadelphia.
Jun 18, 2013, 8:38 PM EDT
His annual cap hit is a hefty $7,727,273.
Jun 18, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Coburn might be heading the other way.
Jun 18, 2013, 7:10 PM EDT
He also loves 2013 NHL Draft prospect Darnell Nurse.
Jun 18, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
The coach already had him picked as Plan B if Marian Hossa couldn’t play.
Jun 18, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Blackhawks coach knows his team has to improve in those areas.
Jun 18, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Stemming from his arrest in 2011.
Jun 18, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
“I’ve got a nice little scratch mark on my forehead from the claw marks.”
Jun 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
23-year-old defenseman had six goals in the playoffs.
Jun 18, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
26-year-old made his NHL debut last season.
Jun 18, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
But will they stay?
Jun 18, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Could an NHL team one day call it home?
Jun 18, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
As per TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Jun 18, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
He’s still “day-to-day” with his injury.
Jun 18, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
He’s been given permission to seek employment elsewhere.
Jun 18, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
“We don’t care about calling certain guys superstars on our team,” said the coach.
Jun 18, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Hey, he did take two weeks off.
Jun 18, 2013, 1:19 PM EDT
The Isles are one team that’s reportedly interested.
Jun 18, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
Former North Dakota standout was a 2009 Panthers draftee.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 9
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 31
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 71
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'