Jan 26, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
(That’s a home date against the Carolina Hurricanes.)
Sheehy says that the 36-year-old blueliner could even hit Long Island sooner, citing the potential resolution of “personal medical reasons within his immediate family.”
Some might wonder if the Isles really want to deal with a player seemingly reluctant to join the team, but there are a couple reasons why they are going in a reasonable direction.
Most obviously, the Slovakian defenseman has had plenty of success at the NHL level, including a 68-point output in 2010-11 that drew some Norris Trophy talk.
Lastly, the Islanders have been through the messy process of dealing with a player who was initially reluctant to play once before. Evgeni Nabokov has become their go-to goalie the last two seasons after sitting out the remainder of 2010-11 following a waiver claim.
Perhaps Visnovsky will eventually come around, too.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63