Jan 26, 2013, 10:25 PM EST
(That’s a home date against the Carolina Hurricanes.)
Sheehy says that the 36-year-old blueliner could even hit Long Island sooner, citing the potential resolution of “personal medical reasons within his immediate family.”
Some might wonder if the Isles really want to deal with a player seemingly reluctant to join the team, but there are a couple reasons why they are going in a reasonable direction.
Most obviously, the Slovakian defenseman has had plenty of success at the NHL level, including a 68-point output in 2010-11 that drew some Norris Trophy talk.
Lastly, the Islanders have been through the messy process of dealing with a player who was initially reluctant to play once before. Evgeni Nabokov has become their go-to goalie the last two seasons after sitting out the remainder of 2010-11 following a waiver claim.
Perhaps Visnovsky will eventually come around, too.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)