Jan 26, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars were already facing a tall order against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, but it looks like they’ll also roll with a significantly hobbled lineup.
Jaromir Jagr‘s absence was confirmed earlier today, but now it looks like fellow big addition Derek Roy will be on the sidelines as well, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News. The 29-year-old center is dealing with a groin injury.
“Kari had a tweak and we’re not going to mess with it,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said. “We don’t want to lose a goaltender like some other teams have lost. We’re still early in the season, so we want to make sure we’re healthy.”
Related: Jagr officially out of tonight’s game.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 12
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 22
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)