Jan 26, 2013, 9:10 PM EST
The Dallas Stars were already facing a tall order against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, but it looks like they’ll also roll with a significantly hobbled lineup.
Jaromir Jagr‘s absence was confirmed earlier today, but now it looks like fellow big addition Derek Roy will be on the sidelines as well, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News. The 29-year-old center is dealing with a groin injury.
“Kari had a tweak and we’re not going to mess with it,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said. “We don’t want to lose a goaltender like some other teams have lost. We’re still early in the season, so we want to make sure we’re healthy.”
Related: Jagr officially out of tonight’s game.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)