Jan 26, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars were already facing a tall order against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, but it looks like they’ll also roll with a significantly hobbled lineup.
Jaromir Jagr‘s absence was confirmed earlier today, but now it looks like fellow big addition Derek Roy will be on the sidelines as well, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News. The 29-year-old center is dealing with a groin injury.
“Kari had a tweak and we’re not going to mess with it,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said. “We don’t want to lose a goaltender like some other teams have lost. We’re still early in the season, so we want to make sure we’re healthy.”
Related: Jagr officially out of tonight’s game.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 71
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)