Jan 26, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars were already facing a tall order against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, but it looks like they’ll also roll with a significantly hobbled lineup.
Jaromir Jagr‘s absence was confirmed earlier today, but now it looks like fellow big addition Derek Roy will be on the sidelines as well, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News. The 29-year-old center is dealing with a groin injury.
“Kari had a tweak and we’re not going to mess with it,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said. “We don’t want to lose a goaltender like some other teams have lost. We’re still early in the season, so we want to make sure we’re healthy.”
Related: Jagr officially out of tonight’s game.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5