Jan 26, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars were already facing a tall order against the St. Louis Blues on Saturday, but it looks like they’ll also roll with a significantly hobbled lineup.
Jaromir Jagr‘s absence was confirmed earlier today, but now it looks like fellow big addition Derek Roy will be on the sidelines as well, according to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News. The 29-year-old center is dealing with a groin injury.
“Kari had a tweak and we’re not going to mess with it,” Head coach Glen Gulutzan said. “We don’t want to lose a goaltender like some other teams have lost. We’re still early in the season, so we want to make sure we’re healthy.”
Related: Jagr officially out of tonight’s game.
- Caps’ Backstrom underwent arthroscopic hip surgery 1
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 39
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)