Jan 26, 2013, 5:55 PM EST
The New York Rangers added some veteran help on Saturday, signing Jason Arnott to a one-year deal. The prorated contract is worth somewhere between $1.6-$1.7 million, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
The big forward is reportedly en route to New York City, but he won’t be able to play tonight. He’ll have some time to get acclimated, however, as the team’s next match comes against the Philadelphia Flyers at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday.
At 38, his 30-goal days are behind him. Still, he was a reasonably productive depth scorer for the St. Louis Blues last season, totaling 17 goals and 34 points in 72 games.
For a Rangers team that’s a little banged up and possibly in need of a boost, this is a solid pickup.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
His first NHL start since Feb. 8.
Mar 7, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Remember that blockbuster trade the other day?
Mar 7, 2014, 9:27 PM EST
Just keeps on going.
Mar 7, 2014, 9:04 PM EST
Happened 10 years ago Saturday.
Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Ottawa in a battle to make the playoffs.
Mar 7, 2014, 7:22 PM EST
He’s one of the top scorers for AHL Utica.
Mar 7, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
And the Stanley Cup, obviously.
Mar 7, 2014, 5:48 PM EST
He was New York’s leading scorer at the time of injury.
Mar 7, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
Click for the video of the NHL’s explanation.
Mar 7, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Plus five NHL games to watch this weekend.
Mar 7, 2014, 2:49 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Mar 7, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Failed to “turn on the charm,” apparently.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:24 PM EST
More praise for them on Thursday after previously calling them the best team in the NHL.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:58 PM EST
“I thought he was real good.”
Mar 7, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Hosting the Isles at the Saddledome.
Mar 7, 2014, 12:07 PM EST
Click to see which teams could be most impacted.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
In related news, Philly leads the NHL in penalty minutes.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
But Jeff Vinik couldn’t sway him.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
It’s not looking good in DC.
Mar 7, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
Matt Moulson set to make his Minnesota debut.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 1
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 22
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)