Jan 26, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
After watching an endless loop of Nail Yakupov‘s game-tying goal celebration and seeing every team other than the Washington Capitals and Calgary Flames grab victories, the Los Angeles Kings finally won their first game of the season on Saturday after starting 0-2-1.
That’s the first true sign that the defending champs are “back.”
The second is that their frequently brilliant Twitter page was already chirping away, delivering this clever barb toward Jason LaBarbera and the Phoenix Coyotes, who ultimately fell to Los Angeles 4-2 tonight.
Coyote net wide(r) open with 2 minutes left. Kings lead 4-2.
— LA Kings (@LAKings) January 27, 2013
Not the most gentle way to treat a former employee, huh?
Anze Kopitar‘s also scored his first two goals of the season, which you can see below:
The Kings moved into fourth place in the Pacific and 12th in the West with that win (as of this writing), although getting their top scorer back – and letting out a sigh of relief – is likely more important.
Apr 20, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Pittsburgh dropped Game 2 against Columbus.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
The Bruins are one of the most effective teams in the league with the man advantage.
Apr 20, 2014, 11:31 AM EDT
He was pulled late in Friday’s game.
Apr 20, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
The contest will start at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:51 AM EDT
He has seven points in his first two playoff games.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
With a two-goal lead, Pittsburgh had four forwards on during a power play, which proved to be the turning point of this game.
Apr 20, 2014, 9:06 AM EDT
Meanwhile the Lightning are in a dangerous position.
Apr 20, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
“You can’t defend on your heels,” Ryan Suter said.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Colorado overcomes some strange officiating late in Game 2.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Colorado’s rookie sensation is inspiring some bold words.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:19 PM EDT
Colorado might want to keep Gabriel Landeskog and Nathan MacKinnon together.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Special teams factored in.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
The defenseman last played in the first period.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
He’s clearly not wilting in the postseason spotlight.
Apr 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Columbus has been in the NHL since the 2000-01 season.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
More magic from Paul Stastny?
Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
Quite a busy 2:26 of ice time.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
“I have to be better.”
Apr 19, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
The Blues coach mostly pleads the fifth.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7