Jan 26, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
After watching an endless loop of Nail Yakupov‘s game-tying goal celebration and seeing every team other than the Washington Capitals and Calgary Flames grab victories, the Los Angeles Kings finally won their first game of the season on Saturday after starting 0-2-1.
That’s the first true sign that the defending champs are “back.”
The second is that their frequently brilliant Twitter page was already chirping away, delivering this clever barb toward Jason LaBarbera and the Phoenix Coyotes, who ultimately fell to Los Angeles 4-2 tonight.
Coyote net wide(r) open with 2 minutes left. Kings lead 4-2.
— LA Kings (@LAKings) January 27, 2013
Not the most gentle way to treat a former employee, huh?
Anze Kopitar‘s also scored his first two goals of the season, which you can see below:
The Kings moved into fourth place in the Pacific and 12th in the West with that win (as of this writing), although getting their top scorer back – and letting out a sigh of relief – is likely more important.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15