Jan 26, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
After watching an endless loop of Nail Yakupov‘s game-tying goal celebration and seeing every team other than the Washington Capitals and Calgary Flames grab victories, the Los Angeles Kings finally won their first game of the season on Saturday after starting 0-2-1.
That’s the first true sign that the defending champs are “back.”
The second is that their frequently brilliant Twitter page was already chirping away, delivering this clever barb toward Jason LaBarbera and the Phoenix Coyotes, who ultimately fell to Los Angeles 4-2 tonight.
Coyote net wide(r) open with 2 minutes left. Kings lead 4-2.
— LA Kings (@LAKings) January 27, 2013
Not the most gentle way to treat a former employee, huh?
Anze Kopitar‘s also scored his first two goals of the season, which you can see below:
The Kings moved into fourth place in the Pacific and 12th in the West with that win (as of this writing), although getting their top scorer back – and letting out a sigh of relief – is likely more important.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5