Jan 26, 2013, 10:59 PM EST
After watching an endless loop of Nail Yakupov‘s game-tying goal celebration and seeing every team other than the Washington Capitals and Calgary Flames grab victories, the Los Angeles Kings finally won their first game of the season on Saturday after starting 0-2-1.
That’s the first true sign that the defending champs are “back.”
The second is that their frequently brilliant Twitter page was already chirping away, delivering this clever barb toward Jason LaBarbera and the Phoenix Coyotes, who ultimately fell to Los Angeles 4-2 tonight.
Coyote net wide(r) open with 2 minutes left. Kings lead 4-2.
— LA Kings (@LAKings) January 27, 2013
Not the most gentle way to treat a former employee, huh?
Anze Kopitar‘s also scored his first two goals of the season, which you can see below:
The Kings moved into fourth place in the Pacific and 12th in the West with that win (as of this writing), although getting their top scorer back – and letting out a sigh of relief – is likely more important.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)