Jan 26, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
After watching an endless loop of Nail Yakupov‘s game-tying goal celebration and seeing every team other than the Washington Capitals and Calgary Flames grab victories, the Los Angeles Kings finally won their first game of the season on Saturday after starting 0-2-1.
That’s the first true sign that the defending champs are “back.”
The second is that their frequently brilliant Twitter page was already chirping away, delivering this clever barb toward Jason LaBarbera and the Phoenix Coyotes, who ultimately fell to Los Angeles 4-2 tonight.
Coyote net wide(r) open with 2 minutes left. Kings lead 4-2.
— LA Kings (@LAKings) January 27, 2013
Not the most gentle way to treat a former employee, huh?
Anze Kopitar‘s also scored his first two goals of the season, which you can see below:
The Kings moved into fourth place in the Pacific and 12th in the West with that win (as of this writing), although getting their top scorer back – and letting out a sigh of relief – is likely more important.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)