Jan 26, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reported the future Hall of Famer will miss tonight’s game. Jagr left the Stars’ game against Chicago with his injury and if you followed his action with the Flyers last season, these kinds of issues come as no surprise. The only difference this year is that it’s his back acting up and not his groin.
Mark Stepneski of Stars Inside Edge says rookie Reilly Smith will take Jagr’s spot in the top six forwards while recent call-up Colton Sceviour will jump into the lineup. While Jamie Benn recently re-signed, he’s not ready to play just yet thanks to immigration issues coming back from Canada.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39