Jan 26, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reported the future Hall of Famer will miss tonight’s game. Jagr left the Stars’ game against Chicago with his injury and if you followed his action with the Flyers last season, these kinds of issues come as no surprise. The only difference this year is that it’s his back acting up and not his groin.
Mark Stepneski of Stars Inside Edge says rookie Reilly Smith will take Jagr’s spot in the top six forwards while recent call-up Colton Sceviour will jump into the lineup. While Jamie Benn recently re-signed, he’s not ready to play just yet thanks to immigration issues coming back from Canada.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25