Jan 26, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News reported the future Hall of Famer will miss tonight’s game. Jagr left the Stars’ game against Chicago with his injury and if you followed his action with the Flyers last season, these kinds of issues come as no surprise. The only difference this year is that it’s his back acting up and not his groin.
Mark Stepneski of Stars Inside Edge says rookie Reilly Smith will take Jagr’s spot in the top six forwards while recent call-up Colton Sceviour will jump into the lineup. While Jamie Benn recently re-signed, he’s not ready to play just yet thanks to immigration issues coming back from Canada.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36