Jan 26, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have made the game-time decision for Danny Briere to play in tonight’s contest against the Panthers in Florida.
The 35-year-old forward missed the first four games of this season with a hairline fracture in his wrist. He suffered the injury while playing in Germany alongside teammate Claude Giroux.
As you probably know, the Flyers have been dealing with some serious injury headaches lately, so this comes as a breath of fresh air. Scott Hartnell‘s foot issue has him out anywhere from one to two months while Andrej Meszaros is sidelined with a shoulder ailment.
Briere isn’t the only returnee to the Flyers lineup tonight. Brayden Schenn returns from his one-game suspension while Mike Knuble enters the first night of his second stint with the organization.
Briere scored 16 goals and 49 points in 70 games for Philly last season.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 24
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)