Jan 26, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have made the game-time decision for Danny Briere to play in tonight’s contest against the Panthers in Florida.
The 35-year-old forward missed the first four games of this season with a hairline fracture in his wrist. He suffered the injury while playing in Germany alongside teammate Claude Giroux.
As you probably know, the Flyers have been dealing with some serious injury headaches lately, so this comes as a breath of fresh air. Scott Hartnell‘s foot issue has him out anywhere from one to two months while Andrej Meszaros is sidelined with a shoulder ailment.
Briere isn’t the only returnee to the Flyers lineup tonight. Brayden Schenn returns from his one-game suspension while Mike Knuble enters the first night of his second stint with the organization.
Briere scored 16 goals and 49 points in 70 games for Philly last season.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)