Jan 26, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers have made the game-time decision for Danny Briere to play in tonight’s contest against the Panthers in Florida.
The 35-year-old forward missed the first four games of this season with a hairline fracture in his wrist. He suffered the injury while playing in Germany alongside teammate Claude Giroux.
As you probably know, the Flyers have been dealing with some serious injury headaches lately, so this comes as a breath of fresh air. Scott Hartnell‘s foot issue has him out anywhere from one to two months while Andrej Meszaros is sidelined with a shoulder ailment.
Briere isn’t the only returnee to the Flyers lineup tonight. Brayden Schenn returns from his one-game suspension while Mike Knuble enters the first night of his second stint with the organization.
Briere scored 16 goals and 49 points in 70 games for Philly last season.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)