Jan 26, 2013, 6:15 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers have made the game-time decision for Danny Briere to play in tonight’s contest against the Panthers in Florida.
The 35-year-old forward missed the first four games of this season with a hairline fracture in his wrist. He suffered the injury while playing in Germany alongside teammate Claude Giroux.
As you probably know, the Flyers have been dealing with some serious injury headaches lately, so this comes as a breath of fresh air. Scott Hartnell‘s foot issue has him out anywhere from one to two months while Andrej Meszaros is sidelined with a shoulder ailment.
Briere isn’t the only returnee to the Flyers lineup tonight. Brayden Schenn returns from his one-game suspension while Mike Knuble enters the first night of his second stint with the organization.
Briere scored 16 goals and 49 points in 70 games for Philly last season.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)