Jan 26, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
The Flyers have been dealing with all sorts of injuries but they may be getting a key forward back tonight.
Flyers beat reporter Anthony San Filippo reports Danny Briere is a game-time decision for this evening’s game against Florida. The team has already sent forward Eric Wellwood back to AHL Adirondack to make room on the roster.
Philly is already without Scott Hartnell with a broken foot and Andrej Meszaros with a busted shoulder. On the upside, they get Brayden Schenn back from suspension and newly signed Mike Knuble will suit up tonight. If Briere joins them, things don’t look quite so bleak for the battered Flyers.
If Briere can’t go tonight, this is a positive step nonetheless as he’ll be that much closer to suiting up for them either tomorrow against Tampa Bay or Tuesday against the Rangers.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)