Jan 26, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
The Flyers have been dealing with all sorts of injuries but they may be getting a key forward back tonight.
Flyers beat reporter Anthony San Filippo reports Danny Briere is a game-time decision for this evening’s game against Florida. The team has already sent forward Eric Wellwood back to AHL Adirondack to make room on the roster.
Philly is already without Scott Hartnell with a broken foot and Andrej Meszaros with a busted shoulder. On the upside, they get Brayden Schenn back from suspension and newly signed Mike Knuble will suit up tonight. If Briere joins them, things don’t look quite so bleak for the battered Flyers.
If Briere can’t go tonight, this is a positive step nonetheless as he’ll be that much closer to suiting up for them either tomorrow against Tampa Bay or Tuesday against the Rangers.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9