Jan 26, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
The Flyers have been dealing with all sorts of injuries but they may be getting a key forward back tonight.
Flyers beat reporter Anthony San Filippo reports Danny Briere is a game-time decision for this evening’s game against Florida. The team has already sent forward Eric Wellwood back to AHL Adirondack to make room on the roster.
Philly is already without Scott Hartnell with a broken foot and Andrej Meszaros with a busted shoulder. On the upside, they get Brayden Schenn back from suspension and newly signed Mike Knuble will suit up tonight. If Briere joins them, things don’t look quite so bleak for the battered Flyers.
If Briere can’t go tonight, this is a positive step nonetheless as he’ll be that much closer to suiting up for them either tomorrow against Tampa Bay or Tuesday against the Rangers.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11