Jan 26, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT
The Flyers have been dealing with all sorts of injuries but they may be getting a key forward back tonight.
Flyers beat reporter Anthony San Filippo reports Danny Briere is a game-time decision for this evening’s game against Florida. The team has already sent forward Eric Wellwood back to AHL Adirondack to make room on the roster.
Philly is already without Scott Hartnell with a broken foot and Andrej Meszaros with a busted shoulder. On the upside, they get Brayden Schenn back from suspension and newly signed Mike Knuble will suit up tonight. If Briere joins them, things don’t look quite so bleak for the battered Flyers.
If Briere can’t go tonight, this is a positive step nonetheless as he’ll be that much closer to suiting up for them either tomorrow against Tampa Bay or Tuesday against the Rangers.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)