Jan 26, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
The Flyers have been dealing with all sorts of injuries but they may be getting a key forward back tonight.
Flyers beat reporter Anthony San Filippo reports Danny Briere is a game-time decision for this evening’s game against Florida. The team has already sent forward Eric Wellwood back to AHL Adirondack to make room on the roster.
Philly is already without Scott Hartnell with a broken foot and Andrej Meszaros with a busted shoulder. On the upside, they get Brayden Schenn back from suspension and newly signed Mike Knuble will suit up tonight. If Briere joins them, things don’t look quite so bleak for the battered Flyers.
If Briere can’t go tonight, this is a positive step nonetheless as he’ll be that much closer to suiting up for them either tomorrow against Tampa Bay or Tuesday against the Rangers.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (81)