Jan 25, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche skated to a 4-0 win over the visiting Columbus Blue Jackets, thanks to a pair of goals from 22-year-old centre Matt Duchene.
But it was his second of the night that got folks on Twitter talking.
Great goal by Matt Duchene there. The kid is having a fantastic start to the year. 2 goals and an assist tonight.—
Cody Nickolet (@WHLFromAbove) January 25, 2013
The absence of restricted free agent Ryan O’Reilly, who is still in contract negotiations with the Avalanche despite terminating his contract with the KHL’s Metallurg Magnitogorsk, has put pressure to score squarely on the shoulders of Duchene and teammate Paul Stastny, wrote Terry Frei of the Denver Post.
On Thursday, Duchene not only scored twice, he added an assist.
May 25, 2013, 11:54 PM EDT
It might be tough to gauge the right price for him.
May 25, 2013, 11:37 PM EDT
That phrase is more fun than “turning the other cheek.”
May 25, 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
Just ask Bryan Bickell.
May 25, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
Did Chicago just flip the switch?
May 25, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
He’s clearly embracing the role of underdog.
May 25, 2013, 10:29 PM EDT
He’s been the head coach of AHL Toronto since 2009.
May 25, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Detroit’s goalie made some especially challenging ones.
May 25, 2013, 10:06 PM EDT
May 25, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT
At least he’s still rich and handsome.
May 25, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
He also thinks the Rangers faced an identity crisis.
May 25, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
No other defenseman has four goals in first five playoff games.
May 25, 2013, 8:34 PM EDT
Jarome Iginla’s name might come up.
May 25, 2013, 8:14 PM EDT
Torey Krug might eat for free in Boston.
May 25, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
He took a puck and maybe a stick to the kisser.
May 25, 2013, 6:37 PM EDT
Impressive flash of the glove by Hank.
May 25, 2013, 6:21 PM EDT
New York Rangers forward was stirring the pot for a while.
May 25, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Looks like Dougie Hamilton is the odd man out.
May 25, 2013, 5:09 PM EDT
He’s been out with a broken hand.
May 25, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
He avoided a fight in Game 4.
May 25, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Desperation calls for tinkering.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 22
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 18
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 46
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic