Jan 25, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche skated to a 4-0 win over the visiting Columbus Blue Jackets, thanks to a pair of goals from 22-year-old centre Matt Duchene.
But it was his second of the night that got folks on Twitter talking.
The absence of restricted free agent Ryan O’Reilly, who is still in contract negotiations with the Avalanche despite terminating his contract with the KHL’s Metallurg Magnitogorsk, has put pressure to score squarely on the shoulders of Duchene and teammate Paul Stastny, wrote Terry Frei of the Denver Post.
On Thursday, Duchene not only scored twice, he added an assist.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)