Jan 25, 2013, 12:41 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche skated to a 4-0 win over the visiting Columbus Blue Jackets, thanks to a pair of goals from 22-year-old centre Matt Duchene.
But it was his second of the night that got folks on Twitter talking.
The absence of restricted free agent Ryan O’Reilly, who is still in contract negotiations with the Avalanche despite terminating his contract with the KHL’s Metallurg Magnitogorsk, has put pressure to score squarely on the shoulders of Duchene and teammate Paul Stastny, wrote Terry Frei of the Denver Post.
On Thursday, Duchene not only scored twice, he added an assist.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22