Jan 25, 2013, 3:08 PM EST
Granted, it’s super cold today in Winnipeg (-7 F at last glance). But if there’s any better indication how much hype is surrounding Sidney Crosby‘s first game against the Jets at the MTS Centre, we haven’t found it.
As reported by the Canadian Press, Crosby said he braved the sub-zero temperatures because he misses Canadian winters.
As for tonight’s game, Crosby’s Penguins (2-1-0) are hoping to bounce back from a 5-2 home loss to the Maple Leafs on Wednesday.
When asked about the reception he expects from the raucous (and creative) Winnipeg crowd, Crosby says he’s ready for anything.
“I’ve played in Philadelphia for a long time now and if I can get through that, hopefully I’m somewhat prepared for what happens tonight,” he said, per the Winnipeg Free Press.
“It’s all in good fun.”
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 4
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 72
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (72)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)