Jan 25, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
Granted, it’s super cold today in Winnipeg (-7 F at last glance). But if there’s any better indication how much hype is surrounding Sidney Crosby‘s first game against the Jets at the MTS Centre, we haven’t found it.
As reported by the Canadian Press, Crosby said he braved the sub-zero temperatures because he misses Canadian winters.
As for tonight’s game, Crosby’s Penguins (2-1-0) are hoping to bounce back from a 5-2 home loss to the Maple Leafs on Wednesday.
When asked about the reception he expects from the raucous (and creative) Winnipeg crowd, Crosby says he’s ready for anything.
“I’ve played in Philadelphia for a long time now and if I can get through that, hopefully I’m somewhat prepared for what happens tonight,” he said, per the Winnipeg Free Press.
“It’s all in good fun.”
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 8
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)