Jan 25, 2013, 3:08 PM EDT
Granted, it’s super cold today in Winnipeg (-7 F at last glance). But if there’s any better indication how much hype is surrounding Sidney Crosby‘s first game against the Jets at the MTS Centre, we haven’t found it.
As reported by the Canadian Press, Crosby said he braved the sub-zero temperatures because he misses Canadian winters.
As for tonight’s game, Crosby’s Penguins (2-1-0) are hoping to bounce back from a 5-2 home loss to the Maple Leafs on Wednesday.
When asked about the reception he expects from the raucous (and creative) Winnipeg crowd, Crosby says he’s ready for anything.
“I’ve played in Philadelphia for a long time now and if I can get through that, hopefully I’m somewhat prepared for what happens tonight,” he said, per the Winnipeg Free Press.
“It’s all in good fun.”
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 0
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)