Jan 25, 2013, 7:46 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Wondering what it looks like when you take a puck off your face? Look no further than Avs forward John Mitchell‘s mug. As ESPN’s John Buccigross put it, it’s like he had to fight a hyena in the dressing room. (Denver Post)
Meanwhile in Washington, they’re not liking life right now after getting “outworked” by the Habs. (Washington Post)
Also not enjoying hockey at the moment? The Maple Leafs who called yesterday’s 7-4 loss to the Isles the “worst game” of the season. (TSN)
Finally, Theo Fleury had the tweet of the night after seeing Nail Yakupov‘s wild celebration after he scored the game-tying goal for the Oilers. It bore a bit of a resemblance to the one he had in Edmonton back in 1991.
- Sunny skies forecast for Winter Classic — problematic? 0
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3