Jan 25, 2013, 7:46 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Wondering what it looks like when you take a puck off your face? Look no further than Avs forward John Mitchell‘s mug. As ESPN’s John Buccigross put it, it’s like he had to fight a hyena in the dressing room. (Denver Post)
Meanwhile in Washington, they’re not liking life right now after getting “outworked” by the Habs. (Washington Post)
Also not enjoying hockey at the moment? The Maple Leafs who called yesterday’s 7-4 loss to the Isles the “worst game” of the season. (TSN)
Finally, Theo Fleury had the tweet of the night after seeing Nail Yakupov‘s wild celebration after he scored the game-tying goal for the Oilers. It bore a bit of a resemblance to the one he had in Edmonton back in 1991.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22