Jan 25, 2013, 7:46 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Wondering what it looks like when you take a puck off your face? Look no further than Avs forward John Mitchell‘s mug. As ESPN’s John Buccigross put it, it’s like he had to fight a hyena in the dressing room. (Denver Post)
Meanwhile in Washington, they’re not liking life right now after getting “outworked” by the Habs. (Washington Post)
Also not enjoying hockey at the moment? The Maple Leafs who called yesterday’s 7-4 loss to the Isles the “worst game” of the season. (TSN)
Finally, Theo Fleury had the tweet of the night after seeing Nail Yakupov‘s wild celebration after he scored the game-tying goal for the Oilers. It bore a bit of a resemblance to the one he had in Edmonton back in 1991.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5