Jan 25, 2013, 7:46 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Wondering what it looks like when you take a puck off your face? Look no further than Avs forward John Mitchell‘s mug. As ESPN’s John Buccigross put it, it’s like he had to fight a hyena in the dressing room. (Denver Post)
Meanwhile in Washington, they’re not liking life right now after getting “outworked” by the Habs. (Washington Post)
Also not enjoying hockey at the moment? The Maple Leafs who called yesterday’s 7-4 loss to the Isles the “worst game” of the season. (TSN)
Finally, Theo Fleury had the tweet of the night after seeing Nail Yakupov‘s wild celebration after he scored the game-tying goal for the Oilers. It bore a bit of a resemblance to the one he had in Edmonton back in 1991.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32