Jan 25, 2013, 9:37 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers are dealing with more than their fair share of injury woes, but they certainly don’t have a monopoly on misfortune.
Philadelphia’s opponent on Saturday, the Florida Panthers (7:30 p.m. ET at the BB&T Center), might play minus their entire first line, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
“We’re cautiously optimistic that they’re going to be short-term injuries,” Panthers coach Kevin Dineen said.
To help cope with those losses, Florida has called up 21-year-old forward Quinton Howden, who might make his NHL debut on Saturday. Under normal circumstances 23-year-old forward Scott Timmins would have also been a serious candidate to get promoted, but he is — you guessed it — injured.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 16
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8