Jan 25, 2013, 2:23 AM EST
The Florida Panthers lost their third straight game, and could also lose Stephen Weiss due to injury.
Harvey Fialkov reported Thursday in the Sun Sentinel that Weiss was a last minute scratch from the Panthers lineup against the Ottawa Senators due to what general manager Dale Tallon believes is a lower body injury.
Weiss got off to a slow start, with just one assist in his first three games. He’s also a minus-four. His struggles emulate that of the entire Panthers team, which after making it to the playoffs last year for the first time since 2000, has scored twice in the last three games.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson, a Panther between the 2006-07 and 2008-09 seasons, made 25 saves, while Ottawa improved to 3-0, although two of those victories have come against a struggling and depleted Florida team.
“It’s good that you guys have something to write about,” Anderson told NHL.com following the win.
It’s still early in the season, but Anderson, who has started in all three Senators’ wins, has allowed just two goals. His save percentage is second amongst NHL goalies at .976, as is his 0.67 goals-against average.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 48
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 2
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 18
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 28
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)