Jan 25, 2013, 2:23 AM EST
The Florida Panthers lost their third straight game, and could also lose Stephen Weiss due to injury.
Harvey Fialkov reported Thursday in the Sun Sentinel that Weiss was a last minute scratch from the Panthers lineup against the Ottawa Senators due to what general manager Dale Tallon believes is a lower body injury.
Weiss got off to a slow start, with just one assist in his first three games. He’s also a minus-four. His struggles emulate that of the entire Panthers team, which after making it to the playoffs last year for the first time since 2000, has scored twice in the last three games.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson, a Panther between the 2006-07 and 2008-09 seasons, made 25 saves, while Ottawa improved to 3-0, although two of those victories have come against a struggling and depleted Florida team.
“It’s good that you guys have something to write about,” Anderson told NHL.com following the win.
It’s still early in the season, but Anderson, who has started in all three Senators’ wins, has allowed just two goals. His save percentage is second amongst NHL goalies at .976, as is his 0.67 goals-against average.
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 0
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 5
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 48
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (48)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)