Jan 25, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
The Florida Panthers lost their third straight game, and could also lose Stephen Weiss due to injury.
Harvey Fialkov reported Thursday in the Sun Sentinel that Weiss was a last minute scratch from the Panthers lineup against the Ottawa Senators due to what general manager Dale Tallon believes is a lower body injury.
Weiss got off to a slow start, with just one assist in his first three games. He’s also a minus-four. His struggles emulate that of the entire Panthers team, which after making it to the playoffs last year for the first time since 2000, has scored twice in the last three games.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson, a Panther between the 2006-07 and 2008-09 seasons, made 25 saves, while Ottawa improved to 3-0, although two of those victories have come against a struggling and depleted Florida team.
“It’s good that you guys have something to write about,” Anderson told NHL.com following the win.
It’s still early in the season, but Anderson, who has started in all three Senators’ wins, has allowed just two goals. His save percentage is second amongst NHL goalies at .976, as is his 0.67 goals-against average.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 2
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 17
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 27
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles