Jan 25, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
The Florida Panthers lost their third straight game, and could also lose Stephen Weiss due to injury.
Harvey Fialkov reported Thursday in the Sun Sentinel that Weiss was a last minute scratch from the Panthers lineup against the Ottawa Senators due to what general manager Dale Tallon believes is a lower body injury.
Weiss got off to a slow start, with just one assist in his first three games. He’s also a minus-four. His struggles emulate that of the entire Panthers team, which after making it to the playoffs last year for the first time since 2000, has scored twice in the last three games.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson, a Panther between the 2006-07 and 2008-09 seasons, made 25 saves, while Ottawa improved to 3-0, although two of those victories have come against a struggling and depleted Florida team.
“It’s good that you guys have something to write about,” Anderson told NHL.com following the win.
It’s still early in the season, but Anderson, who has started in all three Senators’ wins, has allowed just two goals. His save percentage is second amongst NHL goalies at .976, as is his 0.67 goals-against average.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)