Jan 25, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
The Florida Panthers lost their third straight game, and could also lose Stephen Weiss due to injury.
Harvey Fialkov reported Thursday in the Sun Sentinel that Weiss was a last minute scratch from the Panthers lineup against the Ottawa Senators due to what general manager Dale Tallon believes is a lower body injury.
Weiss got off to a slow start, with just one assist in his first three games. He’s also a minus-four. His struggles emulate that of the entire Panthers team, which after making it to the playoffs last year for the first time since 2000, has scored twice in the last three games.
Senators goalie Craig Anderson, a Panther between the 2006-07 and 2008-09 seasons, made 25 saves, while Ottawa improved to 3-0, although two of those victories have come against a struggling and depleted Florida team.
“It’s good that you guys have something to write about,” Anderson told NHL.com following the win.
It’s still early in the season, but Anderson, who has started in all three Senators’ wins, has allowed just two goals. His save percentage is second amongst NHL goalies at .976, as is his 0.67 goals-against average.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 0
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 20
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 11
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)