Jan 25, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Patrick Marleau‘s hot start to the season is something we haven’t seen in a long time. No, not for him but for anyone.
After scoring two more goals in San Jose’s 5-3 comeback victory over the Phoenix Coyotes, Marleau has multiple-goal games in each of their first three games. According to Elias, the last time a player has done that was in the 1982-83 season when Peter Stastny did it for the Quebec Nordiques.
Marleau now sits atop the NHL leaderboard for goals with six and is one point behind teammate Joe Thornton for the league lead there. After the way the Sharks bowed out not-so gracefully to the St. Louis Blues in the playoffs last year, and the way Marleau took plenty of heat for it, perhaps the former team captain has found motivation to silence his critics.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)