Jan 25, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
That’s the word out of Toronto on Friday as the Leafs rearguard has been assigned to the AHL Marlies, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Gardiner suffered his concussion (sorry, concussion-like symptoms) on Dec. 8 while playing for the Marlies, and was cleared for a return to action just hours before Toronto’s 5-2 win in Pittsburgh on Wednesday — a game in which he played 17:29.
On Thursday, the 22-year-old saw an increase in ice-time — 21:28 — but was on the ice for two of the Islanders’ four third-period goals in a 7-4 loss.
TSN’s Jonas Siegel said Gardiner “did not look like himself in either of the two games back,” and Dreger commented that Gardiner “needs time to adjust” after a lengthy layoff.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)