Jan 25, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
That’s the word out of Toronto on Friday as the Leafs rearguard has been assigned to the AHL Marlies, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Gardiner suffered his concussion (sorry, concussion-like symptoms) on Dec. 8 while playing for the Marlies, and was cleared for a return to action just hours before Toronto’s 5-2 win in Pittsburgh on Wednesday — a game in which he played 17:29.
On Thursday, the 22-year-old saw an increase in ice-time — 21:28 — but was on the ice for two of the Islanders’ four third-period goals in a 7-4 loss.
TSN’s Jonas Siegel said Gardiner “did not look like himself in either of the two games back,” and Dreger commented that Gardiner “needs time to adjust” after a lengthy layoff.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)