Jan 25, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
That’s the word out of Toronto on Friday as the Leafs rearguard has been assigned to the AHL Marlies, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Gardiner suffered his concussion (sorry, concussion-like symptoms) on Dec. 8 while playing for the Marlies, and was cleared for a return to action just hours before Toronto’s 5-2 win in Pittsburgh on Wednesday — a game in which he played 17:29.
On Thursday, the 22-year-old saw an increase in ice-time — 21:28 — but was on the ice for two of the Islanders’ four third-period goals in a 7-4 loss.
TSN’s Jonas Siegel said Gardiner “did not look like himself in either of the two games back,” and Dreger commented that Gardiner “needs time to adjust” after a lengthy layoff.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)