Jan 25, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
That’s the word out of Toronto on Friday as the Leafs rearguard has been assigned to the AHL Marlies, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Gardiner suffered his concussion (sorry, concussion-like symptoms) on Dec. 8 while playing for the Marlies, and was cleared for a return to action just hours before Toronto’s 5-2 win in Pittsburgh on Wednesday — a game in which he played 17:29.
On Thursday, the 22-year-old saw an increase in ice-time — 21:28 — but was on the ice for two of the Islanders’ four third-period goals in a 7-4 loss.
TSN’s Jonas Siegel said Gardiner “did not look like himself in either of the two games back,” and Dreger commented that Gardiner “needs time to adjust” after a lengthy layoff.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'