Jan 25, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
That’s the word out of Toronto on Friday as the Leafs rearguard has been assigned to the AHL Marlies, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Gardiner suffered his concussion (sorry, concussion-like symptoms) on Dec. 8 while playing for the Marlies, and was cleared for a return to action just hours before Toronto’s 5-2 win in Pittsburgh on Wednesday — a game in which he played 17:29.
On Thursday, the 22-year-old saw an increase in ice-time — 21:28 — but was on the ice for two of the Islanders’ four third-period goals in a 7-4 loss.
TSN’s Jonas Siegel said Gardiner “did not look like himself in either of the two games back,” and Dreger commented that Gardiner “needs time to adjust” after a lengthy layoff.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 26
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 88
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 43
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 73
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63