Jan 25, 2013, 7:44 PM EST
Jagr didn’t get a point in his last three games and now he might miss some playing time with hip and lower back pains, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan thinks there’s a 40% chance that Jagr will be available for Saturday’s game, although it sounds like it will ultimately be the veteran’s call.
“He’s kind of familiar with it, so he knows what to do,’’ Gulutzan said. “No one knows better than him, so we’ll see how he is (Saturday). I would say it’s unlikely for (tomorrow) and more probable for Monday.”
Jagr managed to play in 73 games with Philadelphia Flyers last season, but he did deal with some groin problems.
21-year-old Reilly Smith might get a chance to play on the Stars’ top line if Jagr isn’t available Saturday.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)