Jan 25, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
Jagr didn’t get a point in his last three games and now he might miss some playing time with hip and lower back pains, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan thinks there’s a 40% chance that Jagr will be available for Saturday’s game, although it sounds like it will ultimately be the veteran’s call.
“He’s kind of familiar with it, so he knows what to do,’’ Gulutzan said. “No one knows better than him, so we’ll see how he is (Saturday). I would say it’s unlikely for (tomorrow) and more probable for Monday.”
Jagr managed to play in 73 games with Philadelphia Flyers last season, but he did deal with some groin problems.
21-year-old Reilly Smith might get a chance to play on the Stars’ top line if Jagr isn’t available Saturday.
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 20
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 10
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 35
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79