Jan 25, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
Jagr didn’t get a point in his last three games and now he might miss some playing time with hip and lower back pains, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan thinks there’s a 40% chance that Jagr will be available for Saturday’s game, although it sounds like it will ultimately be the veteran’s call.
“He’s kind of familiar with it, so he knows what to do,’’ Gulutzan said. “No one knows better than him, so we’ll see how he is (Saturday). I would say it’s unlikely for (tomorrow) and more probable for Monday.”
Jagr managed to play in 73 games with Philadelphia Flyers last season, but he did deal with some groin problems.
21-year-old Reilly Smith might get a chance to play on the Stars’ top line if Jagr isn’t available Saturday.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)