Jan 25, 2013, 7:44 PM EDT
Jagr didn’t get a point in his last three games and now he might miss some playing time with hip and lower back pains, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan thinks there’s a 40% chance that Jagr will be available for Saturday’s game, although it sounds like it will ultimately be the veteran’s call.
“He’s kind of familiar with it, so he knows what to do,’’ Gulutzan said. “No one knows better than him, so we’ll see how he is (Saturday). I would say it’s unlikely for (tomorrow) and more probable for Monday.”
Jagr managed to play in 73 games with Philadelphia Flyers last season, but he did deal with some groin problems.
21-year-old Reilly Smith might get a chance to play on the Stars’ top line if Jagr isn’t available Saturday.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 5
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 53
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)