Jan 25, 2013, 7:44 PM EST
Jagr didn’t get a point in his last three games and now he might miss some playing time with hip and lower back pains, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Stars coach Glen Gulutzan thinks there’s a 40% chance that Jagr will be available for Saturday’s game, although it sounds like it will ultimately be the veteran’s call.
“He’s kind of familiar with it, so he knows what to do,’’ Gulutzan said. “No one knows better than him, so we’ll see how he is (Saturday). I would say it’s unlikely for (tomorrow) and more probable for Monday.”
Jagr managed to play in 73 games with Philadelphia Flyers last season, but he did deal with some groin problems.
21-year-old Reilly Smith might get a chance to play on the Stars’ top line if Jagr isn’t available Saturday.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 0
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15