Jan 25, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT
With two wins in their first two games, the New Jersey Devils were already feeling pretty good about life after Zach Parise.
Today, they may be feeling even better, as center Adam Henrique took to the ice to participate in the team’s morning skate at the Prudential Center.
Henrique – a rookie of the year nominee in 2011-12 – has been recovering from thumb surgery, which he underwent in November.
Per The Star-Ledger, today marked the first time since his operation that the 22-year-old has practiced with all his teammates.
Henrique has said he’s targeting an early February return, and he appears on target to do just that.
The Devils host the reeling Capitals tonight.
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 40
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 17
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 13
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)