Jan 25, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT
With two wins in their first two games, the New Jersey Devils were already feeling pretty good about life after Zach Parise.
Today, they may be feeling even better, as center Adam Henrique took to the ice to participate in the team’s morning skate at the Prudential Center.
Henrique – a rookie of the year nominee in 2011-12 – has been recovering from thumb surgery, which he underwent in November.
Per The Star-Ledger, today marked the first time since his operation that the 22-year-old has practiced with all his teammates.
Henrique has said he’s targeting an early February return, and he appears on target to do just that.
The Devils host the reeling Capitals tonight.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)