Jan 25, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Three games. Three losses. Zero goals for Alex Ovechkin.
Therefore, Ovechkin will be moving back to left wing for Washington’s game tonight in New Jersey.
Per the Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere, Ovechkin says he told head coach Adam Oates that he was more comfortable on the left side (where he’d always played) than the right (where Oates was hoping to make his captain less predictable).
It’s not clear if this is the official end of the experiment. But with three straight losses to start the season for the Capitals, perhaps both player and coach felt now was not the time for Ovechkin to be getting used to a new position.
Related: Neuvirth to start tonight for Caps
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63