Jan 25, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Three games. Three losses. Zero goals for Alex Ovechkin.
Therefore, Ovechkin will be moving back to left wing for Washington’s game tonight in New Jersey.
Per the Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere, Ovechkin says he told head coach Adam Oates that he was more comfortable on the left side (where he’d always played) than the right (where Oates was hoping to make his captain less predictable).
It’s not clear if this is the official end of the experiment. But with three straight losses to start the season for the Capitals, perhaps both player and coach felt now was not the time for Ovechkin to be getting used to a new position.
Related: Neuvirth to start tonight for Caps
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 22
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45