Jan 25, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Three games. Three losses. Zero goals for Alex Ovechkin.
Therefore, Ovechkin will be moving back to left wing for Washington’s game tonight in New Jersey.
Per the Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere, Ovechkin says he told head coach Adam Oates that he was more comfortable on the left side (where he’d always played) than the right (where Oates was hoping to make his captain less predictable).
It’s not clear if this is the official end of the experiment. But with three straight losses to start the season for the Capitals, perhaps both player and coach felt now was not the time for Ovechkin to be getting used to a new position.
Related: Neuvirth to start tonight for Caps
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 8
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)