Jan 25, 2013, 5:53 PM EDT
Three games. Three losses. Zero goals for Alex Ovechkin.
Therefore, Ovechkin will be moving back to left wing for Washington’s game tonight in New Jersey.
Per the Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere, Ovechkin says he told head coach Adam Oates that he was more comfortable on the left side (where he’d always played) than the right (where Oates was hoping to make his captain less predictable).
It’s not clear if this is the official end of the experiment. But with three straight losses to start the season for the Capitals, perhaps both player and coach felt now was not the time for Ovechkin to be getting used to a new position.
Related: Neuvirth to start tonight for Caps
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)